View Full Version : LED Bulbs in DIM Module

Nigel T5
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 15:39
Hello folks, me again!!!
Been down at DPA in Nottingham as we have had the same messages in the DIM
STS Service
Drivers Airbag
ABS service
Before I go any further the ABS module has been re-soldered and is showing no malfunction.
Dave has had a good look around and finally (we hope) identified one issue to be creating this. Hes pulled out the DIM and the low lifes who i purchased the car off (with a 12 month MOT) have removed 2 of the LED's that light up the warning symbols on the right hand panel. The teo removed are STS and ABS. Dave reckons this could be causing the faults coming up on the screen.

Question is does anybody know which LED bulbs I need to replace them? new DIM module is £500 + programming and you cant fit a salvage item as the computer wont talk to it even after programming.

Any Ideas / help once again appreciated!

thebadger
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 15:55
How small are the LED's, as really it's just about wattage.

Voltage on all standard issue LED's is 3-5v (some are 2-5V, but that's rare)

I'd guess any old LED (assuming it's the right size in mm) will fit.

Look at how the others are mounted (+ & -) and it should just be a careful soldering job.

Nigel T5
Monday 27th July 2009, 08:11
Ive done it!!! all three bulbs soldered in. Will produce a write up and photos for those that are intrested. Should follow in the net few days.
Now that is sorted its time to figure out why the ABS and STC light remian on. DPA here I come!

Nigel T5
Wednesday 29th July 2009, 15:50
Just an update,
pulled the ABS module apart again and checked for dry joints, lo and behold the two pins for the power feed showing the smallest cracks possible. Soldered up and re-fitted cleared ABS and STC immediatley!!!!.

Just had the MOT and it finally passed after we tracked down why the rear fog wasnt working, no relay!.

Thanks again to Dave and his lads at DPA. They are top notch when it comes to these cars!!