PDA

View Full Version : HU803 - skipping CD

Libra
Wednesday 22nd July 2009, 13:54
Hi,

When I play a CD and I drive over some bumpy road or even over a catseye, the CD will skip momentarily and then resume playing. It is as if there is no shock protection. Is this common/ a feature of the HU803?

Thanks
Darren

mikouk
Wednesday 22nd July 2009, 14:06
Mine jumps a lot but not as badly as that. Usually only over potholes etc. Maybe somethings come loose or the HU is in too tight so picking up a lot of vibrations etc.

Libra
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 11:10
Thanks for the reply.

thebadger
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 11:56
Can I ask, do you have a poly bush on the top mount?

Could just be transfer! But I would mabey check that there's nothing sitting on the back of the HU, and also consider cleaning the lense as it could just be a bit of dust.

Libra
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 16:47
Thanks

Can I ask, do you have a poly bush on the top mount?

I have no idea

Could just be transfer! But I would mabey check that there's nothing sitting on the back of the HU, and also consider cleaning the lense as it could just be a bit of dust.
I think I have one of those CD with brushes on it.

AlanG
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 16:52
Those CDs with brushes are the start of the end mate. Used them myself and it seems you are then doing this every week. Worth taking it out and getting it checked by someone who knows what they're doing.

Libra
Friday 24th July 2009, 08:42
I know those CD's with brushes on them are useless, just thought it may of done the trick. I suppose I could always get an ipod kit, just not sure I could dismantle the centre console myself, even with a detailed guide by my side.

thebadger
Friday 24th July 2009, 09:01
What car is it in?

The S60/V70 dash is identical (at that point) and it is a bit of a pest, but it's easy enough done.

Remove the pen holder, undo two torx (T25) screws, gently but firmly pull away the bottom edge of the HAVAC panel, DO NOT UNPLUG THE HAVAC! as you will trip the SRS light! Now you should see a metal frame screwed into the area behind the top of where the HAVAC was sitting. Remove the srews & the HU can now come out as the HAVAC did.

The hardest bit is the pen holder & remembering not to unplug the HAVAC...