PDA

View Full Version : Front Door Card Removal...

cornclose
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 22:23
The one on the passenger side isn't fitted properly I don't think (been like it since I got the car) - needs to come off and go back on again somewhat better.

Before I go poking around with a screwdriver, has anyone got any pointers on successful removal without damage, so that I can do the job right ?

Cheers

richiemat
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 22:50
Its a relatively simple job, locate the plastic 'button' clips around the edges of the door card and press the centre of them in positively. Next use a thin & wide flat blade screwdriver or similar to separate the bottom edge of the interior door pull handle where the 2no hex head/star drive screws are located and remove. As I recall that's all you need to do. All of the circular clips fall out when you pull the door card & lift the card up & over the door locking pin. Theres a little slack on the electrics behind & door pull lever but 'not a lot'

Hope this helps get you moving, reverse for refit just set all the circular clips up with the centres popped out towards you, then at the end just pop them all in.

Any detail i've forgotten is this Carlsbergs fault :)

Spanner rating 1 / 5 lol

AlanG
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 22:57
If Carlseberg did door trim removal guides,they'd be the best in the world!:funkybana

thebadger
Wednesday 22nd July 2009, 00:33
That is the method!

Just make sure you have a really magnetic screwdriver for refitting the screws as Volvo fitted a gap in the hole guide which allows the screw to fall into the door when re attaching it!

Sods!

Nigel T5
Wednesday 22nd July 2009, 07:27
I think cornclose is going through the same problems with his T5 as I am, my door panels dont look great and Ive been searching for the answer, vpcuk the holy grail of all thats volvo

thebadger
Wednesday 22nd July 2009, 08:22
We try our best!

If you want to move the card over a bit to deal with, say, the speakers, yoy first need to unplug the tweeter (just by the release handle) and the main door switch (windows/locks/mirrors etc).

Remember not to force the pop clips too much as they can break pretty easy. I'd usually put all the clips in first without pushing in the pins, this allows for a bit of play.

Ebay or Rufe can supply extra clips if you need them!

cornclose
Wednesday 22nd July 2009, 09:06
Cheers chappies, I'll get me screwdriver out now then...

p fandango
Wednesday 22nd July 2009, 14:45
think i'm going to have to take my door cards off soon, found the passenger side main speaker isn't working (i can see an upgrade coming along lol)