PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Green Cars

hamish
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 13:14
Hello,

Look what I got upto this morning....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKyjsFc1_YQ

We tuned this New Ford Focus RS with our new tuning partner from Sweden the results are sensational another 60 hp nearly all the way through the rev range.

Regards,
Hamish.
www.hlmtuning.co.uk

p fandango
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 14:15
typical F*rd driver, got the foglights stuck on lol

lance
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 14:21
Call me a volvo traitor but I want one maybe not in Kermit colour and I would debadge it and put 1.4 ecow*nk on the the back of it!
The latest range of volvos just dont appeal anymore :(

p fandango
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 14:52
i know what you mean, but i could never admit "I drive a Focus/F*rd"

Torch S70R
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 15:10
seen paul swift driving one at scottish modified at the weekend, and they are very very quiet but can shred the tyres with ease.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 17:28
Call me a volvo traitor but I want one maybe not in Kermit colour and I would debadge it and put 1.4 ecow*nk on the the back of it!
But just think if you took the same bits and stuck it in a V50, S40 or my personal fav - the C70 CC. I think 360 bhp should be quiet interesting?

Alan M
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 17:48
Hamish what power standard did the car produce on your rollers?

Jaseb77
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 18:44
But just think if you took the same bits and stuck it in a V50, S40 or my personal fav - the C70 CC. I think 360 bhp should be quiet interesting?

Aye Dave but can you get a C70 in Lime green !!

nice work hamish , ask your new swedish partners for some new Volvo Tunes

hamish
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 19:12
Hamish what power standard did the car produce on your rollers?

273bhp standrd
333bhp tuned with 501Nm of torque!!!

The customer phoned this afternoon to tell me the tune was unbelieveable once the roads had dried out. I quote "It pins you back in the 'kin seat!"

Regards,
Hamish.
www.hlmtuning.co.uk

hamish
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 19:40
Aye Dave but can you get a C70 in Lime green !!

nice work hamish , ask your new swedish partners for some new Volvo Tunes

Jase,

No need.

I ask them every day to tune cars for me and the results are stunning. As an example my New V70 G3 R Design 2.0D now has 180bhp and a whole forest of torques!!!!

Regards,
Hamish.
www.hlmtuning.co.uk

P.S. keep looking at our website as there are now daily updates.

lance
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 20:19

Maybe but it would cost a fortune and it would still be a ford focus but with a volvo engine and volvo badges, saying that I wouldnt mind a V50 but I bet it would cost £5k atleast to get it as good as this Pocus Rs

hamish
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 20:40
Maybe but it would cost a fortune and it would still be a ford focus but with a volvo engine and volvo badges, saying that I wouldnt mind a V50 but I bet it would cost £5k atleast to get it as good as this Pocus Rs

Lance,
I was in Sweden the other day at ATM and I drove their ST225 (same as V50/S40/C30 T5) that had the their RS Turbo upgrade and some larger injectors.....OMFG....it was seriously powerful......no....stupidly powerful. Peter quoted 350bhp all that I can say is that 6th gear acceleration feels like you are in 3rd!!! And the car really could do with an 8 speed gearbox it is that powerful !!! You can buy this kit for probably about 1/2 the price you mention!!!! (Give me a call)

Regards,
Hamish.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 21st July 2009, 22:01
I'd do it because I am not a focus fan - and I was never happy with the T5 in it's latest guise - just too gutless. But the possibilities are there. 330 with just a remap is just plain silly!!

Damn sight cheaper than rebuilding the engine on the current one!!

In the meantime I am very much looking forward to my new ATM map for the 19T.

lance
Wednesday 22nd July 2009, 10:37
Lance,
I was in Sweden the other day at ATM and I drove their ST225 (same as V50/S40/C30 T5) that had the their RS Turbo upgrade and some larger injectors.....OMFG....it was seriously powerful......no....stupidly powerful. Peter quoted 350bhp all that I can say is that 6th gear acceleration feels like you are in 3rd!!! And the car really could do with an 8 speed gearbox it is that powerful !!! You can buy this kit for probably about 1/2 the price you mention!!!! (Give me a call)

Regards,
Hamish.

You might have convienced me to buy a V50 T5 now! Unfortunatly its going to have to wait sometime, What ever I buy I cant afford £25k on an RS or even £10k on a 2nd hand ST, so Im waiting on depreciation.

Alan M
Wednesday 22nd July 2009, 10:48
The engine in the RS is different to the ST and the T5. Pistons are different and so is the turbo and manifolds aswell as a host of other parts to get the reliable power outputs they are made for. So more work than just bolt on parts would be necessary to get the reliable power from a engine in another car albeit of similar construction and build.

Alan M
Wednesday 22nd July 2009, 13:27
273bhp standrd
333bhp tuned with 501Nm of torque!!!

The customer phoned this afternoon to tell me the tune was unbelieveable once the roads had dried out. I quote "It pins you back in the 'kin seat!"

Regards,
Hamish.
www.hlmtuning.co.uk

Were those figures all at the wheels Hamish?

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 22nd July 2009, 13:38
Hamish told me that those were crank figures.

Alan M
Wednesday 22nd July 2009, 15:43
Cheers Dave.

Engineer
Wednesday 22nd July 2009, 16:45
The engine in the RS is different to the ST and the T5. Pistons are different and so is the turbo and manifolds aswell as a host of other parts to get the reliable power outputs they are made for. So more work than just bolt on parts would be necessary to get the reliable power from a engine in another car albeit of similar construction and build.

Hi Alan the RS engine also has plasma coated liners which stop the cracking problem here's a link to the ATM web shop which lists their products and power/torque figures which might interest you, it's all in Swedish but easy to work out :D

http://www.websitefolder.net/atechmotor/HEM.asp

Alan M
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 09:19
Cheers Gary. Working that site out is not that easy lol. I have had a look round it though. I wanted to know what sort of power the RS was producing as I have had my car on Hamish's RR so was curious to see the difference in outputs.

Engineer
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 18:05
Cheers Gary. Working that site out is not that easy lol. I have had a look round it though. I wanted to know what sort of power the RS was producing as I have had my car on Hamish's RR so was curious to see the difference in outputs.

Your welcome mate, I can see why you might be wondering as ATM only claim around 30 bhp more for their RS map, perhaps the RS Focus H tuned had a problem, was fixed, then re-mapped :wink:

Alan M
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 19:37
your welcome mate, i can see why you might be wondering as atm only claim around 30 bhp more for their rs map, perhaps the rs focus h tuned had a problem, was fixed, then re-mapped :wink:

lol