PDA

View Full Version : V70 2.5T performance upgrades

sebasteeno
Saturday 18th July 2009, 18:05
Bought a manual 2.5T yesterday and tbh im very happy with it but for future reference what upgrades are avalable for it?

I read that on the 850 T5 you can just add a bleed valve for £15 and gain 40 horses so can you add the same to the 2.5T and what gain would i get? Also is a dump valve of any use apart from noise value? Or are their any other improvements you can tell me about? You'll have to excuse my ignorance as apart from a Saab 9-5 Aero Auto that i didnt keep long the V70 is the first turbo car ive owned.

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 18th July 2009, 20:58
i've got an mbc valve on my volvo (2.5 lpt like yours) not a bleed valve as they're not supposed to be good for your car. There is a fantastic difference in power, and fuel consumption was loads better. You must make sure you have a boost gauge, and read up lots on mbc's, as it can all go wrong! Other than that, you can get a remap which is gonna cost a lot compared to an mbc. You can also go further and fit bigger injectors, bigger turbo, bigger dp. Depends on what you want to spend.

Just search on here, there's loads of info.

sebasteeno
Wednesday 22nd July 2009, 23:18
Can i fit a dump valve to this and what are the benefits bearing in mind its an LPT?

AlanG
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 00:08
So you have 193bhp? From what I've read a re-map will give about 240 ish. Well worth a thought.

sebasteeno
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 09:49
Info on 2.5Ts seems a bit thin on the ground but is it safe to start sticking mbc valves on with the high compression and apparant fragility of the 2.5T engine? Same with remaps though £500 is well out of my budget anyway.

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 17:54
Compression on our LPT engines is only 9.0:1, compared to the T5s 8.5:1 its not that much more. And to be honest, the turbo doesn't produce the higher levels of pressure that you have to be worried about (max pressure from the 13G is about 17psi). Just set the MBC to about 11psi, and you're sorted.

HLM are doin the remaps for the T5s for £150. I did enquire about a remap for the 2.5s, Hamish said he'd never come across my ecu number before, and said he'd find out and get back to me, but I never got a reply back, and I gave up.

AlanG
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 17:57
Info on 2.5Ts seems a bit thin on the ground but is it safe to start sticking mbc valves on with the high compression and apparant fragility of the 2.5T engine? Same with remaps though £500 is well out of my budget anyway.

Give Hamish a buzz mate. Would be stunned if it was that amount........

sebasteeno
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 21:08
Sorry but who's Hamish?

AlanG
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 21:10
HLM Tuning,Bromsgrove.

p fandango
Friday 24th July 2009, 03:36
not trying to scare monger but Volvo had experimented with the 2.5 to be used for the T-5 engine, but they had problems with the wall being too thin between cylinders which is why they went to 2.3. How much of an issue it was or whether it is just Volvo being over protective of there reliable reputation i don't know, just thought i'd pass the info on