PDA

View Full Version : weird vibration noise!

DONKEYT5
Monday 30th May 2005, 19:47
Hi again! yet more probs. When im driving at around the 55-60 mph mark, i notice a slight vibration noise coming up thru the accelerator pedal and especially if im goin around a sweeping left/right eg motoroway bend. It feels like a pulsating getting strong-weak-strong-weak! once i get past this speed, it goes away!
Any ideas?
Thanx! Don

splatt
Monday 30th May 2005, 19:49
when were your wheels last balanced?
usually speed related,

DONKEYT5
Monday 30th May 2005, 19:51
i aint had them balanced since i got the car in november, but the problem has always been there.. i recently got my suspension lowered and re-aligned too but prob still there

splatt
Monday 30th May 2005, 19:55
I would try swapping fronts to rears just for a start to see if u notice a difference...
get them all done when you can as will reduce tyre/bearing wear in the long run.

As it only happens at a certain speed this sounds like the culprit..

fraz13
Monday 30th May 2005, 19:59
Wishbone bushes gave me a shuddering for a while, had wheels balanced loads untill a found what it was, was through the steering tho not the accelerator pedal, never heard of that before so a thought ad post up nonsence soz :haha:

DONKEYT5
Monday 30th May 2005, 20:03
will try the wheel balancing, thanx again!! will let ya know how i get on!

splatt
Monday 30th May 2005, 20:25
Wishbone bushes gave me a shuddering for a while, had wheels balanced loads untill a found what it was, was through the steering tho not the accelerator pedal, never heard of that before so a thought ad post up nonsence soz :haha:dont disagree with that at all and badly balanced wheels will be really obvious through the steering but if they are are only a smidge out it can manifest itself in all sorts of ways,,
Cheapest place to start and benificial all round anyways,,IMO..

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 30th May 2005, 22:14
I get a similiar vibration/sounding, nobody else notices other than me as u do with your own motor etc...Plus my tracking is out again as soon as i have it done but nobody can find owt wrong. Where do you start ? Bushes?TCAs?Driveshafts are rumbling like F**k on full lock too, could that be a cause? Oh by the way im technically thick so go easy lol... Ta in advance. :B_steerin

splatt
Monday 30th May 2005, 22:23
OUCH....
The driveshafts always complain on full lock after they have done a few miles so save your cash.
All they do is propell it one way or the other so I would be looking at replacing bushes first....have u had a 4 wheel alignment check????

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 30th May 2005, 23:31
OUCH....
The driveshafts always complain on full lock after they have done a few miles so save your cash.
All they do is propell it one way or the other so I would be looking at replacing bushes first....have u had a 4 wheel alignment check????
I've had a cheap n nasty £10 track, and a week later got robbed £24 at KwikFit for 4wheel laser track, took it back after a week it was out again. 2 F1 tyres getting worn in the process.