PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a spoiler to an 850 T5 Estate

Porcine_Aviator
Thursday 16th July 2009, 23:15
I have just got hold of a Volvo spoiler that fits via brackets to the rear door hinges. The spoiler arrived all nicely wrapped in bubble wrap and tape, but there were no fittings for it other that the ones that were on the spoiler itself.

I thought, no problem I'll ring my local Volvo guy and ask if Volvo do the brackets, take old ones off put new ones on fit to car with glue on the black pads on glass, as a certain meerkat says "Simples".

Should have known better.

I phoned the garage they said sorry Volvo don't do a bracket it's only sold as a complete unit.

So I'm now after a broken spoiler that I can have the brackets off, I have tried a couple of breakers and they say sorry we only sell them complete.

Has anyone got any ideas as to fixing said large white lump of plastic on to the rear of said 850 T5, and no nails will not work? :help:

It's the one on the left down below, as if you didn't know :P

walter leever
Friday 17th July 2009, 00:02
Well ,you know what i shall call my garage tomorrow and ask if he has a pair.

Can't promise anything.:wink:

gr,walter

t5 stealth
Friday 17th July 2009, 00:14
volvo do a fitting kit

walter leever
Friday 17th July 2009, 10:46
Well ,you know what i shall call my garage tomorrow and ask if he has a pair.

Can't promise anything.:wink:

gr,walter

So here i'm back with an answer:they're availeble,so you can get them seperately(the brackets) :cool:(i just layed down the phone),hope this helps.

walter

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 17th July 2009, 10:51
Thank you both very much, I think I'll wait for RUFE to get back from his hols and see if he can get them for me.

I can't do anything for a week as I'm away as well.

Okete
Friday 17th July 2009, 12:21
Yeah, simon will supply a fixing set for you when he is back. I got my fixing kit from him!

Cheers,
John.

Tomcat
Friday 17th July 2009, 15:54
I got my fixing kit from the stealers (No, not RUFE), and I think it was about £25, which for a bag of bolts and metal brackets seemed excesive, pretty sure RUFE will be able to do you a damn good deal once he's back in work.

Okete
Friday 17th July 2009, 18:47
TC you're right - it is an expensive bag of bolts, screws and brackets!

If I remember correctly (which I probably don't!!) it was around the £17.00 mark from Simon.

More importantly, Simon e-mailed me an exploded diagram of how the whole assembly should look - I think the kit is a universal one and contains bits you might need for different hinge versions!
Again, I might be wrong!!
However, it all fixed together very well and I didn't need any double sided tape malarkey!!

Cheers,
John.