PDA

View Full Version : will sc805 fit straight in??

danny-R
Wednesday 15th July 2009, 11:28
hi there just afer a bit of advice. just bought a sc 805 from ebay for £35 and wondered if the wiring plugs are a direct swap for standard tape player. lee the lad i got my 18's off had one, i saw it and had to have one.
cheers in advance

cookie
Wednesday 15th July 2009, 13:31
I'm assuming you have 850 If you have a standard single din origional radio cassette, then remove stereo and cubby hole (just un clips), or if you have an 802 - just remove old and fit new. wiring connections should be the same, and stereo should just slot in

Make sure you have code, or reg number etc from car it came from.

if display lights don't work they are replaceable.

P.s. if you have aftermarket and an ISO lead hasnt been used - it might not be so easy :D

is it Black (850) with premium sound written over cassette slot, or Grey - from a V70

Both the same except for colour, IMHO grey looks a bit pants in the 850

danny-R
Wednesday 15th July 2009, 13:41
cheers, you were right in assuming its an 850 i should have been more clear. its currently just a double din with a tape and no multi-changer. gets a bit annoying on long runs when you've got no decent tapes and constantly flicking though radio stations lol.
will have to check on the colour but it may be grey i hope not.

danny-R
Wednesday 15th July 2009, 13:44
thats the one, cant tell if its grey or black.

AlanG
Thursday 16th July 2009, 12:57
Straight swap buddy,have done it myself with my last 850.:banana:

danny-R
Thursday 16th July 2009, 13:02
cheers mate. should be here any time soon, cant wait.
getting sick of the medium wave

AlanG
Thursday 16th July 2009, 13:39
It's a good unit. A very handy feature is the auto sound control which raises and lowers the volume according to interior noise. If you have your handbook the instuctions for it are in there. Enjoy.:wiggle: