Sunday 12th July 2009, 22:45
my car will not rev past 5.5 any help please

t5 stealth
Sunday 12th July 2009, 22:50
wot hav u done to it so far....

AlanG
Sunday 12th July 2009, 23:33
my car will not rev past 5.5 any help please

Do you mean the power tails off or it simply won't rev beyond?

Alan M
Monday 13th July 2009, 07:46
Have you messed with the throttle cable? Fitting it wrong on the plastic drum will casue problems.

leet5r
Monday 13th July 2009, 15:43
wot hav u done to it so far....

i have done nothing to the car apart from change the top mount. i have asked the 2 lads who owned ther car before me and the said it went to the redline .it has been fitted with a bleed valve and the engine management light comes up on the dash then goes off after a few days lol.

leet5r
Monday 13th July 2009, 15:45
Do you mean the power tails off or it simply won't rev beyond?

it boosts hard then drops off a little bit but it will not go past 5.5 revs . its a t5r so am not sure what its meant to do cheers lee

Diesel64
Monday 13th July 2009, 16:08
I can only suggest that you check all your Vac lines - leaks can do all sorts of weird and wonderful things to the throttle/revs...

leet5r
Monday 13th July 2009, 16:19
I can only suggest that you check all your Vac lines - leaks can do all sorts of weird and wonderful things to the throttle/revs...

av checked them all m8 the other week it wasnt boostin right so a took all the pipes of and cleaned them up and it worked a treat oh and the fact the prev owner had zip tied a boost pipe on lol

callyuk
Monday 13th July 2009, 16:50
might seem like a strange question but if its an auto check its in sports mode rather than eco as it will short shift in eco mode and winter. also if its an auto its worth noting that some autos will not red line if in neutral or park

leet5r
Monday 13th July 2009, 17:23
might seem like a strange question but if its an auto check its in sports mode rather than eco as it will short shift in eco mode and winter. also if its an auto its worth noting that some autos will not red line if in neutral or park

its manual m8 wouldnt have it any other way m8 lol

danny-R
Monday 13th July 2009, 17:56
sounds like you havin bit o bother mate. could it not be the blanking plate your using?
i'm no expert tho. point and laugh if ya want lol

leet5r
Monday 13th July 2009, 19:53
sounds like you havin bit o bother mate. could it not be the blanking plate your using?
i'm no expert tho. point and laugh if ya want lol

it hasnt got 1 on m8y you still liken the wheels

t5 stealth
Monday 13th July 2009, 21:54
if u got the management light on then its probly in limp mode so u wont be able to rev it high as the ecu is trying to protect the engine,
also wen u was doing the engine mount did u unplug anythin that u might of forgotten to re-plug in.....
or while leaning across the engine maybe u hav broken a plastic pipe or damaged a vaccuum pipe,,,....re check ur steps on the job u did just in case its somethin simple.....if all seems ok then get codes read,might be somethin is causing the engine to run limp

leet5r
Monday 13th July 2009, 22:20
if u got the management light on then its probly in limp mode so u wont be able to rev it high as the ecu is trying to protect the engine,
also wen u was doing the engine mount did u unplug anythin that u might of forgotten to re-plug in.....
or while leaning across the engine maybe u hav broken a plastic pipe or damaged a vaccuum pipe,,,....re check ur steps on the job u did just in case its somethin simple.....if all seems ok then get codes read,might be somethin is causing the engine to run limp

av checked all those things m8 all the pipes are sound m8 . all get the code read and go from there m8 cheers

danny-R
Tuesday 14th July 2009, 09:51
yeah mate wheels are sound,nice 1. my inner arch linings aren't looking too good tho lol