PDA

View Full Version : V70R colours

MisterC1501
Sunday 12th July 2009, 20:36
I have seen lists of the phase 3 265 models on here before, but what were the colours on the V70R.

I don't want an R AWD, but quite fancy the Cassis.

dave854
Sunday 12th July 2009, 21:23
I know they did a silver, black, saffron, dark blue and a deep redish colour but this may vary depending on the year. I'm sure there is another thread on here somewhere that details the colours - maybe though thats the same list you've seen that shows the 265 model colours. The Cassis is nice :)

MisterC1501
Monday 13th July 2009, 20:00
Come on MRS Mopp.....were are you with your lists and figures

LeeT5
Friday 24th July 2009, 02:14
Come on MRS Mopp.....were are you with your lists and figures

I, of course am not Moppy, but here are your colours.....

Laser Blue (the best)
Black stone
Nautic blue pearl (dark blue)
Silver Metallic
Venetian Red pearl (Gay pink)
Dark olive green.

;)

MisterC1501
Friday 24th July 2009, 21:19
I, of course am not Moppy, but here are your colours.....

Laser Blue (the best)
Black stone
Nautic blue pearl (dark blue)
Silver Metallic
Venetian Red pearl (Gay pink)
Dark olive green.

;)

I'm sorry Lee, but you're wrong on 2 counts. Saffron is the best colour for V70R and the Lazy Blue was for the Phase 3 AWD R :haha:

Quicksilver
Friday 24th July 2009, 23:31
I'm sorry Lee, but you're wrong on 2 counts. Saffron is the best colour for V70R and the Lazy Blue was for the Phase 3 AWD R :haha:

Gay gold is nice on a R but Silver is timeless :)

LeeT5
Saturday 25th July 2009, 01:03

...Er...phase 2 also!

volvoturboman
Saturday 25th July 2009, 01:16

Maybe I'm being stupid so please correct me if I'm wrong but was the phase 3 blue not called Sonic blue??????? :redface:

LeeT5
Saturday 25th July 2009, 01:21
Maybe I'm being stupid so please correct me if I'm wrong but was the phase 3 blue not called Sonic blue??????? :redface:

Christ knows. If you put a p2 and a p3 AWD R together they look identical colour wise. Never heard that one myself.

volvoturboman
Saturday 25th July 2009, 01:32
Christ knows. If you put a p2 and a p3 AWD R together they look identical colour wise. Never heard that one myself.

Actually just had a wee gander on Google, apparently thats the American name for that colour. Glad you brought it to my attention though, been calling it Sonic blue for quite a while now!!!!!!!!

LeeT5
Saturday 25th July 2009, 02:02
We live and learn :)

volvoturboman
Saturday 25th July 2009, 02:04
We live and learn :)

Thats it mate, your car looks stunning mate, you must be proud.

LeeT5
Saturday 25th July 2009, 02:19
Thats it mate, your car looks stunning mate, you must be proud.

Very! I have openly neglected her for a year because of personal issues but in the last 3 months i have had the front end resprayed (stone chip damage), new lights and 6000k HIDs, Mop and polish, BSR dual exhaust, BSR PPC stage 2 remap.....and a new phone holder!

I absolutely love my car. Maintenance wise in the last 3 months she has had:

Two new front tyres, Vredestein Ultrac (Elite)
Laser 4 wheel alignment inc f/n/s camber angle (Elite)
Two front wheel bearings (SW Autos)
Two front track rod ends (SW Autos)
Two front link arms (SW Autos)
Full Filter service inc oe plugs and slick 50 treatment (did myself)
New front OE pads and discs and silicone fluid change (SW Autos)
o/s/f caliper (SW Autos)
Two front CV joints (SW Autos)

Right now she drives like a dream...very smooth.

volvoturboman
Saturday 25th July 2009, 02:33
Very! I have openly neglected her for a year because of personal issues but in the last 3 months i have had the front end resprayed (stone chip damage), new lights and Xenons, Mop and polish, BSR dual exhaust, BSR PPC stage 2 remap.....and a new phone holder!

I absolutely love my car. Maintenance wise in the last 3 months she has had:

Two new front tyres, Vredestein Ultrac (Elite)
Laser 4 wheel alignment inc f/n/s camber angle (Elite)
Two front wheel bearings (SW Autos)
Two front track rod ends (SW Autos)
Two front link arms (SW Autos)
Full Filter service inc oe plugs and slick 50 treatment (did myself)
New front OE pads and discs and silicone fluid change (SW Autos)
o/s/f caliper (SW Autos)
Two front CV joints (SW Autos)

Right now she drives like a dream...very smooth.

I've never met her, I've never seen her other than your pic but mate I think I'm falling for your lady. And hey, if your planning on sellig her some time around next easter let me know.

MisterC1501
Saturday 25th July 2009, 17:14
Maintenance wise in the last 3 months she has had:
Two new front tyres, Vredestein Ultrac (Elite).

ONLY 2 new tyres on an AWD?? You are asking for trouble......

AND.........by the way boys, this thread is about V70R colours, and not lets "Ooooh Lee I really love your car........" :B_offtopi

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 25th July 2009, 17:20

Just what I was thinking there Desperate Dan

volvoturboman
Saturday 25th July 2009, 18:18

AND.........by the way boys, this thread is about V70R colours, and not lets "Ooooh Lee I really love your car........" :B_offtopi

Sorry mate but it is damned nice, you wouldn't be jealous would you????? :mischievo

Yours is nice to mate, it is actually the colour (on topic) that makes his as nice as it is.

sebasteeno
Sunday 26th July 2009, 07:18
I think the Laser Blue and Saffron are both superb colours. The jurys still out on Cassis though. In some light it looks amazing butin some it looks almost black and im not a fan of very dark cars.

volvoturboman
Sunday 26th July 2009, 18:35
I think the Laser Blue and Saffron are both superb colours. The jurys still out on Cassis though. In some light it looks amazing butin some it looks almost black and im not a fan of very dark cars.

Thats actually a nice colour mate, mines is....... a colour (don't know the name) like a burgundy same as my T5 was. What do you call it actually pic below????? Garnet red????

cameron
Sunday 26th July 2009, 18:42
Give me the colour code VTM :B_thumb:

I'll see what i can find out :D

On the whole i wouldnt care what colour the car was if it was an R, i just want one.

volvoturboman
Sunday 26th July 2009, 19:41
Give me the colour code VTM :B_thumb:

I'll see what i can find out :D

On the whole i wouldnt care what colour the car was if it was an R, i just want one.

Me to but I really want a cream (yellow) T5R 850 like Russ's.

Where do I find the code mate.

cameron
Sunday 26th July 2009, 19:46
On the 850's its on the nearside wing, not sure about the v70 though, maybe worth a looky in the same area :B_thumb: on the vin plate :D

Mine is paint code 130 which is Silver Metallic, i always thought it was the Silversand Metallic but thats slightly darker.

volvoturboman
Sunday 26th July 2009, 21:31
On the 850's its on the nearside wing, not sure about the v70 though, maybe worth a looky in the same area :B_thumb: on the vin plate :D

Mine is paint code 130 which is Silver Metallic, i always thought it was the Silversand Metallic but thats slightly darker.

Yeah in the same place, lots of numbers I assume its none of the big long numbers so from the top down on the right hand side the numbers read,

418-11
3221 EVS

Hope this is what you need! :help:

AlanG
Sunday 26th July 2009, 21:42
Point of fact...........Mine is Aquamarine blue,my brother's '02 C70 is also Aquamarine blue. They look identical in colour but the difference is that his paint is water-based. Not sure when the change was though.

cameron
Sunday 26th July 2009, 22:29
418 is Pearl red / Regent red metallic :B_thumb:

Hope this helps matey :D

volvoturboman
Sunday 26th July 2009, 22:48
418 is Pearl red / Regent red metallic :B_thumb:

Hope this helps matey :D

Cheers mate I appreciate that, it will come in useful as my spoiler like allthat I've seen has started to peel. I'm gonna attempt this myself, if it goes horribly wrong I'll just get a pro to re-do it. Now I know the colour I can get some paint as I'm gnna respray the colour too.

LeeT5
Sunday 26th July 2009, 23:48
I've never met her, I've never seen her other than your pic but mate I think I'm falling for your lady. And hey, if your planning on sellig her some time around next easter let me know.

LOL....Not a hope in hell m8!

You haven't seen her arse m8....oh man...it's gorgeous! :rolleyes:

volvoturboman
Sunday 26th July 2009, 23:54

Stop it, that ain't nice teasing me like that:argue:. Remember, everything has a price :dgrin:

LeeT5
Sunday 26th July 2009, 23:55

Actually no! I know all about the tyre tread difference on AWD cars and FYI the rears are within spec...both Ultracs too (same make) and both 6mm (within the 2mm tolerance) I rotate every 3 months too as the fronts wear slightly quicker than the rears. So i don't have to worry at all.
I only had a side wall puncture on one tyre which is why i had to buy two.

LOL...your just jealous! :D

AlanG
Sunday 26th July 2009, 23:56

Whose arse?

volvoturboman
Monday 27th July 2009, 00:04
Whose arse?

His sweet ased V70 R AWD, which will be mine!!!

LeeT5
Monday 27th July 2009, 00:10
Sorry mate but it is damned nice, you wouldn't be jealous would you????? :mischievo

Yours is nice to mate, it is actually the colour (on topic) that makes his as nice as it is.

...The guy that resprayed the front of my car told me that my paintwork was one of the best his seen on a car that's 10 years old and was very easy to work on. (comment made after i had payed him!) Credit to the guy that owned her for 7 years before me too! He wasn't even a Volvo fanatic and really couldn't see it in the same light as i did.

I regularly polish her and don't use any old crap. She turn's heads all the time. The fact is Laser blue and Saffron gold are definately the best colours on the classic V70R. There are not many around now too which makes them stand out even more.

volvoturboman
Monday 27th July 2009, 00:12
...The guy that resprayed the front of my car told me that my paintwork was one of the best his seen on a car that's 10 years old and was very easy to work on. (comment made after i had payed him!) Credit to the guy that owned her for 7 years before me too! He wasn't even a Volvo fanatic and really couldn't see it in the same light as i did.

I regularly polish her and don't use any old crap. She turn's heads all the time. The fact is Laser blue and Saffron gold are definately the best colours on the classic V70R. There are not many around now too which makes them stand out even more.

I agree, and your absolutely right, I can see your a proud man. However everything has a price :dgrin:

LeeT5
Monday 27th July 2009, 00:28
If i wanted to sell then i wouldn't take less than 4K. I don't give a toss what parkers or Glasses say it's worth....fact is i know how desireable these cars are.

If someone want's a very fast estate car which stands out from the crowd, has no faults (not even a dash bulb flicker), has been lovingly looked after (right down to replacing broken trim clips etc, even under the bonnet), The air-con is even regassed every year just before MOT (whether it needs it or not) and it's absolutely freezing!!.....oh, and not forgetting the private plate (which stays on the car)....then they can make me an offer (above 4K). Otherwise i will just keep her. She NEVER breaks down and is super to drive, so why would i even contemplate trading her in only to take on someone elses car and have to start all over again?

When the time comes the price will of course be lower...but for now, I'm happy, very happy. So i'm afraid everyone has a very long wait....Just like i did; about 7 years before i could get one. :saythat: :bow_kneel

volvoturboman
Monday 27th July 2009, 00:36
If i wanted to sell then i wouldn't take less than 4K. I don't give a toss what parkers or Glasses say it's worth....fact is i know how desireable these cars are.

If someone want's a very fast estate car which stands out from the crowd, has no faults (not even a dash bulb flicker), has been lovingly looked after (right down to replacing broken trim clips etc, even under the bonnet), The air-con is even regassed every year just before MOT (whether it needs it or not) and it's absolutely freezing!!.....oh, and not forgetting the private plate (which stays on the car)....then they can make me an offer (above 4K). Otherwise i will just keep her. She NEVER breaks down and is super to drive, so why would i even contemplate trading her in only to take on someone elses car and have to start all over again?

When the time comes the price will of course be lower...but for now, I'm happy, very happy. So i'm afraid everyone has a very long wait....Just like i did; about 7 years before i could get one. saythat:

Ha ha I knew everyone had a price LOL. She is a beauty ad to be honest I'd have thought she'd have been worth 4 grand all day long. I'm after an 854 T5R in yellow and the good ones are fetching that price. How much does glasses reckon yours is worth. I'd have thought a similar price.

LeeT5
Monday 27th July 2009, 00:44
Ha ha I knew everyone had a price LOL. She is a beauty ad to be honest I'd have thought she'd have been worth 4 grand all day long. I'm after an 854 T5R in yellow and the good ones are fetching that price. How much does glasses reckon yours is worth. I'd have thought a similar price.

i walked into the main stealer in April and they said they would give me £2100! Under my breath i told them to poke it and said ok...laughing as i walked out.

Not sure about Glasses...think thats what Volvo salesman used. I paid £4995 for her 2 1/2 years ago and i knew then (even with a knackered ETM module) i was ripping both his arms off, let alone one! She had barley done 100k then. She is only just turned 120k and drives better now then she did 2 years ago (even before the BSR upgrade).

Glasses and parkers and the like are only a guide anyway, not the be all and end all. If someone thinks it's worth 10k and is prepared to pay it then that's what it's worth. obviously the majority rule, but i don't care about the majority. If someone wanted to view with intent to buy then believe me they would already know the price before they get here and there would be no haggling or '....but theres only 2 months left on the MOT...' Tuff shi t! It fly's through MOT's as do all late 850's and V70's.

volvoturboman
Monday 27th July 2009, 00:50
i walked into the main stealer in April and they said they would give me £2100! Under my breath i told them to poke it and said ok...laughing as i walked out.

Not sure about Glasses...think thats what Volvo salesman used. I paid £4995 for her 2 1/2 years ago and i knew then (even with a knackered ETM module) i was ripping both his arms off, let alone one! She had barley done 100k then. She is only just turned 120k and drives better now then she did 2 years ago (even before the BSR upgrade).

I would have poked the Volvo salesman in the eye and asked him why he assumed I was stupid by offering me that amunt of money. I'd then have given him a second chance.

LeeT5
Monday 27th July 2009, 00:53
I would have poked the Volvo salesman in the eye and asked him why he assumed I was stupid by offering me that amunt of money. I'd then have given him a second chance.

What to cough up another 2k? No chance. Didn't wanna sell it to the toff anyway.

volvoturboman
Monday 27th July 2009, 00:56
Naw man keep it till you want a change. One as good as yours someone on here like me will buy. Then you know it'll be kept good.

LeeT5
Monday 27th July 2009, 00:59
Naw man keep it till you want a change. One as good as yours someone on here like me will buy. Then you know it'll be kept good.

My thoughts exactly:wink:

volvoturboman
Monday 27th July 2009, 01:02
I know I'll buy, when I've a bit more than I have now.

malibu1378
Tuesday 28th July 2009, 14:31
Hi all,
I just did a search on v70r colours and saw this thread.
Lee, your R is stunning. I love the Laser Blue and I think it's such a beautiful colour. Definitely stands out and a real head turner!
I've got a P3 AWD and I really (really really really!) wanted a Laser Blue one. I couldn't find one at the time and settled for a Black Stone one. Which I believe are very rare in P3 guise! It's nice when it's clean but it's damn hard to keep it that way!