PDA

View Full Version : Nacked me Radiator

ShaunS70T5
Monday 30th May 2005, 10:54
Aye aye people,
Went over a high speed bump today a bit fast and nacked me radiator, water is gushing out, tried that stuff u can put in to block the leak but its to bad lol. any one no how much its gonna cos to get a new one and is the anything else built into the radiator like the intercooler.
Cheers
Shaun

Tomcat
Monday 30th May 2005, 12:20
Depends on your car, the auto's have the oil cooler for the gearbox built into the rad, but the intercooler is a seperate item. Where is it gushing out of?, you haven't just knocked the drain plug off have you?, as they're only plastic it would be fairly easy to snap it off and loose the contents of the rad.

After_Shock
Monday 30th May 2005, 12:40
Shaun dont put anymore of that crap in to try and block the leak, it gets into the heater matrix on the Volvo's and blocks all the valves.

As mentioned above check all the connections on hoses etc to make sure its nothing easy but if you need a new one get someone who knows what they are doing to replace it as its a fanny on with the air con radiator and intercooler all being sandwiched together.

p fandango
Monday 30th May 2005, 14:12
Depends on your car, the auto's have the oil cooler for the gearbox built into the rad
i think its an engine oil cooler because i've got the oil cooler in the rad as well (& i've got 3 a clutch & everything :haha: )

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 30th May 2005, 22:09
Aye aye people,
Went over a high speed bump today a bit fast and nacked me radiator, water is gushing out, tried that stuff u can put in to block the leak but its to bad lol. any one no how much its gonna cos to get a new one and is the anything else built into the radiator like the intercooler.
Cheers
Shaun
Boi Racers - dont you just love em, think yer need to get a Nissan Micra or summatt Shauny till you can cope with big power. :haha: Nah serious mate i think you'd be looking at about £150 max for a recore, my Cozzy one was about £90 exchange. Check yer Yellow Pages and get a few quotes.

bigndaft
Tuesday 31st May 2005, 10:53
Same thing happened to me on a high curb in a car park, caught the plastic bottom corner of the rad which is crimpt on all down one side. the plastic popped away from the rad, had to take it all out and down to a local radiator repair shop, they tried to re crimp it back together but failed under compression, had to buy a new one, was about £100. Good luck with yours mate. :sick:

ShaunS70T5
Tuesday 31st May 2005, 11:32
cheers for that chaps!
eeeee craig fancy saying that about ya mate, a carnt handle the power, and need a nissan hahaha a

"bigndaft" thats wot happened to mine its where the metal part is crimped to the plastic on the side about half way up and its snapped the bracked on one side.

Also very little heat coming out of the heaters now is that cos the radiator is nacked or have i nacked the heater matrix puttn that stuff in to stop the leak...........lol

Just been on the fone to my fav place lol, me local volvo Dealer the Mill
they quoted 176 pound ( :wtf: dont no wots happened to me pound sign) too fit the thing 122 pound.
:slap:

bigndaft
Tuesday 31st May 2005, 14:05
shauns70t5....ring round your local rad repairers, should be no more than £100. that was for a copper one not alloy as original, i think they re crimpt my plastic ends back on the new one, is the plastic bust on yours?...I also put the rad back in myself :rolleyes: saving meself a few quid i recon.

swordy21
Wednesday 1st June 2005, 16:10
Found on Ebay - off an 850 (i think based on other parts the guy is selling). But perhaps it will fit.......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10432&item=4553592979&rd=1

siamblue
Wednesday 1st June 2005, 16:40
Not sure what car you have 4.4 or ME7? But found this brand new on Ebay,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10432&item=4553710213&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

£152.Alloy not copper he reckons it will be 20% more efficient :slap: