jonno12
Saturday 11th July 2009, 15:36
getting sick of seeing it now

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1123084.htm

BruceT
Saturday 11th July 2009, 16:57
LoL at the price.

Take the cars "history" out of it...

Assuming the box is fluffed.. Say £800-1000 max and then you gotta fix the box or put a manual in?

There are better cars for 1300-1500 that work fine

volvoboyt5
Saturday 11th July 2009, 17:13
surely it would make a good breaker or track day weapon tho ? , i kno its priced a bit high if the box is ruined .. how come everyone thinks this car is such a lemon ?, cheer,s

jonno12
Saturday 11th July 2009, 17:18
i just think hes after the attention now been on ebay loads of times and now on there

walter leever
Saturday 11th July 2009, 17:19
The saga continues:bounce:

jonno12
Saturday 11th July 2009, 17:21
does ya nut in dont it lol

walter leever
Saturday 11th July 2009, 17:26
does ya nut in dont it lol

Well both of them to be honest:D

jonno12
Saturday 11th July 2009, 17:27
lol feel like going to it and settin it on fire at least we wont have to keep seein it lol

walter leever
Saturday 11th July 2009, 17:31
lol feel like going to it and settin it on fire at least we wont have to keep seein it lol

Can i come?:dgrin:

jonno12
Saturday 11th July 2009, 17:55
more than welcome matey lolhave to dodge the cameras at the shop tho lol

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 11th July 2009, 17:55
thought it sold on ebay the other week for about £1300 odd or somethin??

Okete
Saturday 11th July 2009, 18:00
surely it would make a good breaker or track day weapon tho ? , i kno its priced a bit high if the box is ruined .. how come everyone thinks this car is such a lemon ?, cheer,s

Hi Volvoboy,

I guess you don't know the whole sorry history of the gradual destruction of this once genuine car by the erstwhile chav called Stainsey.
Fact is, Stainsey ripped most credible features out of this car and replaced them with tat. It's been sadly neglected, badly abused and if it was an animal it would face certain euthanasia.
I doubt anyone has the time, energy or will to explain the personality disorder behind this car's demise but, trust me.....it's a dog!!

Cheers,
John.

p fandango
Saturday 11th July 2009, 18:17
having not seen the car so made my assumsions from the pics posted, but i can't help but get the feeling people are slating the car purely because of problems with the owner. I've seen several people say "its a dog", "it should be scrapped" however can't see what exactly has been done to make this judgement. He's put stickers on the front wings, & fitted a boost gauge (which isn't exactly end of the world), so perhaps someone could explain where the other major ruining of the car has took place?

cookie
Saturday 11th July 2009, 18:40
having not seen the car so made my assumsions from the pics posted, but i can't help but get the feeling people are slating the car purely because of problems with the owner. I've seen several people say "its a dog", "it should be scrapped" however can't see what exactly has been done to make this judgement. He's put stickers on the front wings, & fitted a boost gauge (which isn't exactly end of the world), so perhaps someone could explain where the other major ruining of the car has took place?

seller's own comments on Ebay feedback - neutral

no record of cambelt, codition not as described better described as rough/tatty

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=tnk3445r&&iid=260438333530&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:uk&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Okete
Saturday 11th July 2009, 18:47
I doubt anyone can be bothered to troll back through the history of Stainsey's rape of this car and list it all for you.
If you are particularly interested you could always trace Stainsey's posts on here relating to his history with the vehicle but if you know Stainsey's reputation you wont even bother with that!
Feel free to buy it as your next project, it's a thin line that separates braveness from...............!!

Cheers,
John

jonno12
Saturday 11th July 2009, 18:47
having heard it it didnt sound too good either

p fandango
Saturday 11th July 2009, 19:04
I doubt anyone can be bothered to troll back through the history of Stainsey's rape of this car and list it all for you.
i'm not bothered about them all being listed, just interested in hearing the major ones which render the car scrap (in your opinion)

If you are particularly interested you could always trace Stainsey's posts on here relating to his history with the vehicle but if you know Stainsey's reputation you wont even bother with that!
i'm not interested in it at all, nor am i interested in slating a car which i know nothing about. At the end of the day its a limited edition in a colour that wasn't available on a normal production 850

Feel free to buy it as your next project, it's a thin line that separates braveness from...............!!
i'm already quite happy with my current product, but thanks for giving me the choice :shy:

Okete
Saturday 11th July 2009, 19:11
Cool

cookie
Saturday 11th July 2009, 19:53
The problem with this car, as I understand if - from reading, and hearing from several people (who have a vast knowledge of the 850 T5) that this car is beyond reasonable restoration - there are areas or rust where there shouldn't be - if it was anywhere near salvageable when it was up for 1300 quid, I know it would have been bought regardless of it mechanical faults. There is unfortunatly nothing really going for it. 2 people have bought it for 1300 odd quid, and decided it's beyond salvaging, and so just try to flog on.