PDA

View Full Version : 1999 C70 Radiator leaking.

rcc1977
Saturday 11th July 2009, 13:33
Has anybody changed their radiator on a C70?
Got the radiator but dont know if its an easy change, or if its going to be one of those jobs that you wish you'd never started!

Tomcat
Saturday 11th July 2009, 14:17
Changing the rad isn't usually that bad a job, provided you've wielded a spanner in anger before.

jonno12
Saturday 11th July 2009, 14:38
if its anything like the 850 t5 i changed mine in a few hours

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 11th July 2009, 15:10
If it is a T5 it will be part of the 3 part radiator pack. (Intercooler, Radiator and A/C condenser)

Is this a serious leak? because you can use radiator repaing solutions if it is a dribble.

If you do have to change it get the haynes destruction manual. Essentially you start with the stuff (relays and the like) just behind and under the plastic panel above the rad pack. Assuming you have emptied it, remove the hoses - there are 2 bolts either side of the rad pack IIRC that hold it to the car.. That is most of it. The specifics should be easily followed in Haynes.

rcc1977
Saturday 11th July 2009, 15:31
It's leaking enough to empty the expansion bottle over a couple of days. I've changed a couple of rads before but they seemed more accessable than this one. Its not Turbo'd so thats one less thing to worry about!
Did you guys remove the plastic slam panel first or can it be done in place?

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 12th July 2009, 00:53
No just the bits hanging down off that panel where you will normally find some relays.