PDA

View Full Version : ABS part numbers

matt_850
Saturday 11th July 2009, 06:39
Hey,

Im replacing my ABS pump, and i have a part number which is 10.0202-0232.4, but the only parts i can find for replacement have the number 10.0202.0194.4.
Does anyone know if there are any differences, or if they are the same. They look exactly the same to me, but i cant get hold of anyone in a dealership who will tell me anything other than get the part that has the exact number.

Does anyone know of one for sale? and how much? other than the 30pound one on ebay, im already in contact with him.

The reason im asking is because i bought one and it was shipped over to me and i was told it was the right one and its the newer one. While they are happy to provide a refund, the postage to send it back from Aus is nearly the same amount as the refund for the part. so im a bit stuck.

Any help would be appreciated

Matt

Rufe
Saturday 11th July 2009, 09:19
none of those part numbers are volvo part numbers, thats probably why the dealership cant help you with those partnumbers. The numbers on the part are part numbers from the manufacturing company who made these for volvo, but unfortunately we have no way of cross referencing any numbers of this kind back to volvo part numbers.

Are there any other numbers on the units, if so i can normally easily cross reference those even if they are different. You tend to find multiple supersessions in these part numbers, but they are all interchangeable usually, but can only tell you this for sure if you have the volvo part numbers off the unit. The main difference between these pumps is if they both came off a vehicle with TRACS (traction control) or not, and then also the model year, so up to and including 1995 is one type, 1996 and on is another type.

you can check the 10th digit of the your Vin number and of the car the pump is coming off to identify the year. The 10th digit of the Vin number indicated the mode year, so you need to see if they are any of the following:

R = 1994]
S = 1995] These two are compatible

T = 1996]
V = 1997] These two are compatible.

So, if the 10 digit from the donor cars VIN is a 'R' or 'S' and yours is also a 'R' or 'S', and both have or both do not have tracs, then they should match, providing they are both 2wd cars of course, i had better add that in.

Hope this helps

Simon

matt_850
Saturday 11th July 2009, 11:08
Yeah that does help. unfortunately the current one i have is on the car and it makes the part numbers difficult to check. but i will have a look at it once ive finished work. and also enquire about the vin. It is the pre 1996 one with tracs, and ive found one that looks the same.

Thanks

t5 stealth
Saturday 11th July 2009, 17:37
are you sure its the pump thats faulty,& not the module,as they do have a problem with the modules.
wouldnt like to see you fit it & find you still have same fault....

matt_850
Sunday 12th July 2009, 05:17
Im pretty sure its the pump. Ive got no warning lights on the dash just losing fluid from the underside of where the pump is. So ill change that and hope it fixes it. If not its back to the drawing board.
Thanks tho

matt_850
Tuesday 14th July 2009, 04:42
ok so ive got the volvo part numbers off mine now and its 9173973, and the one im looking at buying is still different, its 9140933. So can anyone shed any light on the differences or if there will be any?

Thanks