PDA

View Full Version : 850 TURBO for breaking.

volvoturboman
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 22:28
It comes with great remorse but I have decided that rather than spending loads of dough fixing up and tuning my T5 I'm going to break it. I don't know how long it will sit as its at my mechanis garage. I'm putting the wheels on the V70 but if any of you need anything just ask. :parhmph:

Niles
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 23:40
PM'd

cherry1809
Thursday 9th July 2009, 08:54
Whats the front bushings that usually fail and start knocking just before MOT time called? :biggrin:
I need both sides.

AlanG
Thursday 9th July 2009, 12:13
[QUOTE=volvoturboman;240440]It comes with great remorse but I have decided that rather than spending loads of dough fixing up and tuning my T5 I'm going to break it. I don't know how long it will sit as its at my mechanis garage.

Drawing the curtains and putting my black arm band on:tombstone

Porcine_Aviator
Thursday 9th July 2009, 21:01
Sob:cry:

AlanG
Friday 10th July 2009, 00:07
Is there nothing we can do to save this poor soul???????

AlanG
Friday 10th July 2009, 00:20
It comes with great remorse but I have decided that rather than spending loads of dough fixing up and tuning my T5 I'm going to break it. I don't know how long it will sit as its at my mechanis garage. I'm putting the wheels on the V70 but if any of you need anything just ask. :parhmph:

You Judas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

850 t5 vs 600cc
Friday 10th July 2009, 05:11
Pm'd, cheers

volvoturboman
Monday 13th July 2009, 21:56
Sorry I never got back earlier guys was working at Oxygen,Irelands biggest music festival and I'm just back. I'm in greatremorse to have to pull the curtains on my T5. I love her very very much but aftr speaking to my mechanic we came o a desicion that for less money than it would cost just for mot repairs I could buy another cleaner example. And as I am probably the most skint I've ever been in my life its just the wrong time. :tombstone :slap:

volvoturboman
Monday 13th July 2009, 21:57
Whats the front bushings that usually fail and start knocking just before MOT time called? :biggrin:
I need both sides.

Mate leave that with me I'll see my mechanic (he has it) and get back to you in a couple of days.

leet5r
Monday 13th July 2009, 23:31

how much for the inner arches wih the fixings cheers

AlanG
Tuesday 14th July 2009, 00:44
Black arm band still on..........:tombstone:cry: but am feeling strong enough to open the curtains now. Maybe in a couple of days I'll be strong enough to face the outside world.....:ready2go:........I hope..

cherry1809
Tuesday 14th July 2009, 19:52
Mate leave that with me I'll see my mechanic (he has it) and get back to you in a couple of days.

Cheers boss.
Just checked my MOT from last year and had an advisory for both pins/bushes in the suspension arms on the front.

Hallsy
Tuesday 14th July 2009, 20:32
Did it have a factory alarm? If so I'm after a working alarm horn (under the bonnet, on the bulkhead usually). :)

volvoturboman
Wednesday 15th July 2009, 17:39
Cheers boss.
Just checked my MOT from last year and had an advisory for both pins/bushes in the suspension arms on the front.

Mate I got the mechanic to check them and he said there is a few miles left in them how ever not many and they'd probably need replacing so probably pointless for you to buy them however if you really want them I'll only charge you postage and whatever m mechanic charges me to pull them out.

volvoturboman
Wednesday 15th July 2009, 17:40
Did it have a factory alarm? If so I'm after a working alarm horn (under the bonnet, on the bulkhead usually). :)

My alarm never worked but I can check the horn out for you. I'm assuming thats the part that was faulty as it would have flashed hazards but no sound. Once i've checked it i'll let you know.

volvoturboman
Wednesday 15th July 2009, 17:41
how much for the inner arches wih the fixings cheers

Arches and fixings are all there but I ain't go a clue what they are worth. Help me out I'm an honest guy and don't want to be ripping the ar** out of it.

cherry1809
Wednesday 15th July 2009, 19:49
I'll see my mate (mechanic) and see what he can get them for new.
I'm not a skin flint but this cars always been run on a budget on purpose, so if they're mega bucks I'll give you a shout :beer: