PDA

View Full Version : Rear seat Lap Belt in a convertible?

ncarnall
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 10:11
Hi
Has anyone fitted a Rear seat Lap Belt in a convertible? or does anyone know if its a doable thing or not?

Cheers
Neil

AlanG
Friday 31st July 2009, 23:54
As these are designated four seaters I doubt there is any possibily buddy,but this is only my opinion.

Wombatbomb
Saturday 1st August 2009, 06:40
The C70 is specified and built by Volvo as a 4 seater. If you look at the rear seat it is deliberately designed for 2 people, including the fact that the rear seats are aligned narrower together than the front seats so that you are afforded a view of somehing other than the headrest when sat in the back.

There are no anchor points for an additional belt to be fitted, also if the convertible is the same as the hardtop then the rear belts are fitted in reverse with the reel in the centre and the buckle on the outside. Anyone trying to sit in the middle is going to end up with friction burns either side of their neck, they would also need to have impressively flexible legs to fit them round the centre console.

Finally, I should imagine you would be voiding your insurance by having a 5th occupant in what is specifically a 4 seater.