PDA

View Full Version : Avon Raceway rwyb 5/9/2009

Jamest5r
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 21:00
After the success of york, anyone fancy avon, £12 entry & £20 unlimited runs.

The_Rapid_Tank
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 21:14
i may be up for this as its not far from me

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 21:28
I was hoping to organise a run to Santa Pod with an overnight stay

Can you hang fire with this one?

I am just trying to get a few old members (who havent been on for a bit) to see if they can make the date I have in mind?

Jamest5r
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 21:46
Hi dave, just make it avon with an overnight stay, less chavs and better track time than at santa, sure you can find another cheap travel lodge with bar for the night, how about racing on the sat then hotel and on the piss that night?, no hangover before racing !

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 21:57
I am happy to go to either and if there is a nice hotel nearby to Avon then sure. I like Avon park. It is cheap and not usually as busy.

t5 pete
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 22:02
Ill be up for it

p fandango
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 22:04
i won't be racing but i might pop along if i'm free, might try & drag FFM along so we can have a play at improving his 1/4mile times

t5 pete
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 22:05
come on pedro its about time bt gets running lol

p fandango
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 22:07
come on pedro its about time bt gets running lol
its only really the windscreen thats stopping me mate, can't afford to get that replaced yet or i'd be tempted to put an MOT on it & blow the cobwebs out

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 22:07
I still think it best to have the hotel do the night before. The whole point being that it gives peeps a chance to get there.

Jamest5r
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 22:15
I still think it best to have the hotel do the night before. The whole point being that it gives peeps a chance to get there.

Understood im easy,so to speak

JelT5
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 06:47
Might try and get over from France for this one, depends on cash flow though!

p fandango
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 07:29
Might try and get over from France for this one, depends on cash flow though!
well i suppose if you can make the effort of coming from the land of the French, then i can look into getting BT took there via recovery truck :rice:

matt black t5 saloon
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 08:16
id be up for this money permiting of course they have a bar there at the track so drink and party as much as ya like lol

JelT5
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 09:04
then i can look into getting BT took there via recovery truck :rice:

And back home again afterwards :saythat:

p fandango
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 09:18
And back home again afterwards :saythat:
i know she's not worth alot but she's not quite disposable yet, do your racing then leave there lol. My bro does part-time driving for a friend who's got several beaver-tail recovery trucks so i'll a word about borrowing one for the day

JelT5
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 09:55
i know she's not worth alot but she's not quite disposable yet, do your racing then leave there lol. My bro does part-time driving for a friend who's got several beaver-tail recovery trucks so i'll a word about borrowing one for the day

I thought you were kidding and took the pi$$ accordingly. Sorry mate :(

$od the value- she's worth alot to you as my V70 is to me. Disposable doesn't enter into it at all.

I'll prob just get a manual (for the strip) or do the swap on mine as I love it to bits!

Justin
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 11:08
Wobbly and I have been discussing this off scene, roughly a week before but at Santa pod, however Avon is fine by me and i am almost sure i can make this date. Fingers crossed i'll be there with teh Audi to see what she will do :)

Jamest5r
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 11:28
Hi Justin, if you and wobbly would like to organise this as a proper vpcuk meet that's cool with me i was just floating the idea:D

Justin
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 11:31
I really dont mind, as long as theres lots of us, the more the merrier to be honest. The last time we did a big meet was at Avon, i think VPC took 22 cars that day, some of the VOC were there and others aswell. We took over one side of the paddock lol.

I will leave it upto wobbles as he started the ball rolling ;)

Jamest5r
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 11:45
Cool ,i'll pass the buck to wobbly, best to make a desision on what day then if wobbly wants to do the hotel thing is it better to attend sunday the 6th? im sure you have the power to change tread title!. me the mrs gayle and smithy are 100% either day

Justin
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 11:55
Cool :) Wobbly?

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 12:43
Yeah if Sunday 6th is RWYB then that will make it easy for all.

Jamest5r
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 12:49
someone change the tread title before any confusion starts, sunday it is then:B_steerin

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 12:52
I think we should start over?

PaulZX
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 13:40
I'll be there showin all you remap boys how it's really done....

COUNT ME IN :)

p fandango
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 15:34
I thought you were kidding and took the pi$$ accordingly. Sorry mate :(
me taking the pi$$, how could you think such a thing lol. Avon isn't that far away so i'll have a creep around my mate & see what he can sort

$od the value- she's worth alot to you as my V70 is to me. Disposable doesn't enter into it at all.
she aint going nowhere for a while yet, i've only had the 19t on a year & that hasn't even been used up the 1/4mile yet

I'll prob just get a manual (for the strip) or do the swap on mine as I love it to bits!
yeh i think thats the best plan, 2 cheap bucket seats & rip the guts out of it :kiss:

p fandango
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 15:36
I'll be there showin all you remap boys how it's really done....

COUNT ME IN :)
hmm, you haven't got a towbar on the fridge mover have you? :worship:

Justin
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 15:48
Closed, start a new thread :)