PDA

View Full Version : 200,000 !!

PaulZX
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 02:43
Went past the 200K mark tonight. that's 7.98 times around the world.

Three hundred and twenty million meters.

One billion forty nine million six hundred thousand feet.

A BILLION FEET?!

And she's driving like a car with 40K.

I love my Volvo.

http://i30.tinypic.com/16c477r.jpg

p fandango
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 06:24
:rainfro: well done mate

how did you get on with the Mini?

JelT5
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 08:53
congrats mate- well impressed!

A billion+ feet

AlanG
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 13:11
It'll be run-in soon:haha:

PaulZX
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 13:44
:rainfro: well done mate

how did you get on with the Mini?

Mini's gettin there, should be finished this evening, with a bit of luck....

He's gonna have the biggest parcel shelf in any mini I've ever seen! hahaha

p fandango
Tuesday 7th July 2009, 14:50
Mini's gettin there, should be finished this evening, with a bit of luck....

He's gonna have the biggest parcel shelf in any mini I've ever seen! hahaha
whats he running in it? bet you'd get 4 x 15's between the front seats & rear screen :firedevil

cornclose
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 13:17
Just out of interest, what engine work has been done over this mileage, if any ? Do you know the history ?

PaulZX
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 13:37
Just out of interest, what engine work has been done over this mileage, if any ? Do you know the history ?

upto 140,000 she was standard, then she had an MBC fitted, and set at 10psi, I bought her at 182,000 and did all my bits to her at 197,000.

She's got full history, dunno about any engine repairs that've ben done over her life, I aint read through all the history, just a general scan read....

cornclose
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 13:54
Right. I was thinking along the lines of any new valves/cams/bearings/pistons/rings etc that it might have done. But no doubt using the correct/good quality oil and proper servicing and maintenance these engines can do this mileage with no issues whatsoever...

850 2.5 10v
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 14:10
I am at 152k and the car is super smooth.

The MOT tester even said a while back that the engine was in rude health due to the low readings of some gas or other.

Its just amazing how these cars soldier on.

AlanG
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 14:21
There was a chap selling an S80 on the bay recently with 450K and it looked like new. It's only a pup mate.

cornclose
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 14:37
So, mine being up to 93k at the moment should have plenty of life in her yet. I must say, she's really sweet at the moment...

princepugh
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 15:11
So, mine being up to 93k at the moment should have plenty of life in her yet. I must say, she's really sweet at the moment...

My T5 is almost identical to yours Cornclose but manual - 138k miles up, using no oil at all. Has had the odd 'part' replaced recently though! :-)

p fandango
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 15:26
But no doubt using the correct/good quality oil and proper servicing and maintenance these engines can do this mileage with no issues whatsoever...
thats me screwed then lol

AlanG
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 18:29
thats me screwed then lol

Your old bus will still be goin when we have all passed on!!

p fandango
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 20:36
Your old bus will still be goin when we have all passed on!!
you mean because its just sat on the drive & i'll never get it finished lol. I've always said i'm going to be killed by wrapping BT round a lamp-post, but anyway lets get back to a happier note