PDA

View Full Version : Rica 304 & Engine replacement

lordtemujin
Monday 6th July 2009, 13:00
Due to the bottom end Cylinders 1 & 2 going on my Rica 304 98 V70 R I am researching the options for a recon engine. As such can someone tell me what needs to be carried out to support the Rica 304. All Ancillaries will remain as is, its the block that is being replaced with a 79k donor.

Al115
Monday 6th July 2009, 13:22
Rica 304 should run on a standard block if everything else is set up correctly...?

Alan M
Monday 6th July 2009, 13:58
Investing in a wideband lambda kit may be worthwhile if you feel the map may have caused a problem. That way you could monitor fueling while using the car.

AlanG
Monday 6th July 2009, 16:41
No expert but I understand these re-maps are designed to complement the standard engine. Mine is HLM280 (standard fuel) with an MBC and is very powerful with a reliable 30+mpg. :funkybana

lordtemujin
Thursday 23rd July 2009, 13:53
Well I had the engine replaced with a 79K block and inlet manifold - it was the right thing todo!. She is running well but I am a little concerned that things dont seem as powerfull as they were, kick down in "E" hits 5k revs and I am sure she red lined previously. I was assured that the engine management system was not touched and everything bar block and inlet manifold are as was previous. I took a closer look at the inlet manifold this morning and I see "White Injectors". So my question is how would a standard setup Rica 304 (Auto) be impacted by white injectors. I will try and get boost measured and take it from there - but anyfeedback is appreciated.