PDA

View Full Version : Big problems, need help please.

S Singh
Sunday 5th July 2009, 19:42
Hi all, i am need of help, my car is screwed. the car is in limp mode, it shoots out shed loads of black smoke. the dim displays 'engine service required' and on diagnosis from scantool.net program i get the follwing codes:

P0244 - TURBO CHARGER WASTEGATE SOLENOID 'A' RANGE
P0108 - MAP PRESSURE CIRCUIT HIGH INPUT

using scanmaster 1.6 and elm327 i get loads of different codes;

b1823 - LF/Driver recline rearward switch circuit high / Wiper Rear Park Sense Input Circuit Open
p0009 - Engine Position System Performance
c0138 - Base brake system pressure circuit low
b2018 - intake manifold runner position sensor.
c0158 - RH TCS solenoid/motor #2 circuit low
c0178 - System thermal low
c0119 - Pump motor relay circuit high
p021e - cylinder 11 injection timing
b0018 - RF/Passenger frontal deployment loop (single stage or stage 1) short to ground/voltage
c0104 - Rear ABS (both wheels) solenoid/motor #1 circuit open

and more importantly

p025c - Fuel Pump Module Control Circuit Low
p0110 - intake air temperature circuit

personally i think that the scanmaster codes are a load of crap.

What do i do, the car is very jerky and is not smooth at all. if i put my foot down a little more than a inch (on the pedal) the deisel looks as though it is just thrown out of the exhaust, unburnt, and there is no real extra power.

just to add to the piss take my carPC set on fire and the power supply is a gonna.

what i have done so far:

i remove the MAF and tested it, the resistance does vary with temp, i do not know the reference values that volvo state for the resistance change in the maf, but it seems alright to me. i hovered the air box and checked the pipe to the turbo, looks ok to me. on a run with the lappy connected the IAT does vary a little around the 27.C mark (was 26.C outside).

Somebody please help me. I am in big trouble and need my car to work as it is only means to get to work.

Thanks in advance.

t5 stealth
Sunday 5th July 2009, 19:46
try clearing the codes,then start it up & see what fault codes re apear.
some faults will cause other faults,so u night only have a couple of problems but the faults confuse other components,thus giving you a dozen faults....clear them & then see what re apears.....gives you something to start lookin at mate..could be throttle body fault,upseting everything else

S60-MBS
Sunday 5th July 2009, 19:48
Could the pc fire have melted some insulation on loom? too coincidental to haver codes for brakes and engine at same time.how old is your car?

S Singh
Sunday 5th July 2009, 23:11
try clearing the codes,then start it up & see what fault codes re apear.
some faults will cause other faults,so u night only have a couple of problems but the faults confuse other components,thus giving you a dozen faults....clear them & then see what re apears.....gives you something to start lookin at mate..could be throttle body fault,upseting everything else

i have tried that, and when done the latter 2 codes on scanmaster come up and the ones one scantool.net come back straight away.

the CarPC fire was more a flame in the glove box, was put out within seconds, the wiring for this is seperate to everything else. The car is an 04 plate. has done 108,000 miles. has had full stealer history apart from last service, done by indy (cambelt change, water pump etc......)

thanks for input btw.

t5 stealth
Sunday 5th July 2009, 23:55
ok,
i think u mean the fuel pump fault..
hav u tried another relay,& im assuming the battery terminals are tight & a good earth,cos if its not gettin full 12 volt minimum then the electronics may not work properly,check the alternator is charging & not over charging as that may cause the fire u had lol.

t5 stealth
Monday 6th July 2009, 00:03
over charge or undercharge will confuse the electronics.....& throw up all sorts of codes.
had a volvo with same problem before....took a wile to figure it out as i didnt expect it lol.

S Singh
Monday 6th July 2009, 19:03
over charge or undercharge will confuse the electronics.....& throw up all sorts of codes.
had a volvo with same problem before....took a wile to figure it out as i didnt expect it lol.

thanks, will check the electrics, battery terminals etc... where was the problem with yours?

t5 stealth
Monday 6th July 2009, 19:05
it was over charging......