PDA

View Full Version : N00b type turbo gauge question...

cornclose
Saturday 4th July 2009, 17:26
Hello,

I have a turbo gauge I want to fit to my phase 2 V70. It comes with a T piece and some tubing, along with what looks like a small inline filter (it's clear with a piece of sponge type material in it). Perhaps this is actually a damper to smooth out the pressure signal a bit.

Anyway, what I want to know is where to tee into the car's piping to fit the T-piece (which is quite small diameter tubing). Can I tee in anywhere on the inlet manifold side? Basically anywhere that is between the intercooler and throttle module ?

Second question is, does anyone know where I can feed the tube through the bulkhead to get it into the dash area ? Before I start pulling things out and poking around, maybe someone has done this before on a phase 2.

Thanks chaps. :wiggle:

p fandango
Sunday 5th July 2009, 01:16
Anyway, what I want to know is where to tee into the car's piping to fit the T-piece (which is quite small diameter tubing). Can I tee in anywhere on the inlet manifold side? Basically anywhere that is between the intercooler and throttle module ?
basically yes, on 850's they've got a vac tree after the throttle housing & the inlet manfiold this is normally where you T-off. Not sure if P2's have got the same sort of thing (not figured out how to take the plastic sheet off covering the engine yet lol)

Second question is, does anyone know where I can feed the tube through the bulkhead to get it into the dash area ? Before I start pulling things out and poking around, maybe someone has done this before on a phase 2.
your best bet is to follow the factory wiring & see where that goes thru, they normally have a spare grommet around the same area that you can use. 850's its by the throttle cable (never guess i'm used to 850's instead of P2's would you lol)

cornclose
Monday 6th July 2009, 12:16
Cheers P, I'll have a good poke around later...

lance
Monday 6th July 2009, 12:50
Be intresting to see how this goes

p fandango
Monday 6th July 2009, 12:57
i've never worked out why they ditched the standard turbo gauge after the 850's

lance
Monday 6th July 2009, 15:04
i've never worked out why they ditched the standard turbo gauge after the 850's

Me neither it is a shame because the interior of the later cars in my opinion is a bit more upto date and user friendly a shame they lost the rawness and 1/4 mile ability though!

p fandango
Monday 6th July 2009, 15:19
a shame they lost the rawness and 1/4 mile ability though!
the joys of ME7 & giving the ECU too much control :remybussi

cornclose
Monday 6th July 2009, 15:20
Can't get MAP pressure out of generic OBDII on my model-year. Even though it appears to have a MAP sensor!

p fandango
Monday 6th July 2009, 15:39
Can't get MAP pressure out of generic OBDII on my model-year. Even though it appears to have a MAP sensor!
what tool do you use to read all the info mate, very interested to see what the tractor is doing & got a code i need reading as well

cornclose
Monday 6th July 2009, 15:56
I use PCMSCAN (http://www.palmerperformance.com/products/pcmscan/index.php) with a USB to OBDII interface (ELM323 based) which I got from ebay.