PDA

View Full Version : ABS Fun

Volvostorm
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 20:30
Today, I got everybody favourite twins, the ABS/Tracs combo :(

Turn the ignition, the ABS light flickers, then stays on, Tracs stays on all the time. Just tried the key wiggle, no difference.

Am I right in thinking I now just have 'normal' brakes? it seems to stop just as well as ever, if this is the case, I may run her around for awhile, I don't like ABS anyway.

(My Sierra has never had working ABS, and I've owned that 10yrs)

p fandango
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 20:33
yeh with an ABS fault the system is disengaged & your left with normal brakes, eventually i'm going to get the ABS removed

Volvostorm
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 20:41
yeh with an ABS fault the system is disengaged & your left with normal brakes, eventually i'm going to get the ABS removed

That's what I thought, now where's that bulb................................ ;)

cameron
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 20:49
Aw Bummer Paul :(

After me looking ages for that pump as well :grumpy:

Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

Volvostorm
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 20:57
I can live with it, I'll check the codes over the weekend, probably buy that pump on ebay as well

Jamest5r
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 20:57
Wobbly dave can sort it for a price it will be the box under the abs unit as you look down had mine done by him three odd years ago and no probs since, no idea what he charges these days or if he still does it but worth a go

Volvostorm
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 20:59
I've got the old style pump/ecu, no repairs for me :(

Jamest5r
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 21:08
Fair play, hope you get it sorted

Volvostorm
Saturday 4th July 2009, 20:04
I've done a quick check, I've got loads of codes! :(

From what i remember, 2 front sensors, and think it was 444, no power to the hydraulic unit valves :rolling_e

there was others, but I can remember them, had to get oer to my local powerflow for a de-cat, atlest she sounds and goes better :D