PDA

View Full Version : what a bummer!!

macV70R
Sunday 29th May 2005, 10:56
Had the steed up on the lift yesterday only to find out that my centre tailshaft/propshaft mount was shot!! As explained to dave a while ago it was diagnosed as the mount in the middle which keeps it running smooth and even, and when accelerating and turning at slow speeds it does a rubbery knocking....Now we got in touch with volvo & they said that it cant be bought seperatly and I would need to buy the whole lot...wait for it.........£610.00 :slap: :yikes: :cry: :wow: :sheep: :doh: Robbin f**kers.
And they want mine in its place!!! Can these be repaired or re-furbished?? I have got three people ringing me back on tuesday to see what the score is, dont suppose anybody knows where i can get one? Cheaper!!

S*it happens I suppose, Its going for its stainless downpipe & hogh flow cat next week aswell :troutslap

Cheers,

A very skint man :slap:

Mac

After_Shock
Sunday 29th May 2005, 12:14
Try Salvo or some of the other Volvo parts suppliers, if not ask AAS as they tend to know someone for any job so they may be able to help getting it refurbed or repaired.

macV70R
Sunday 29th May 2005, 13:04
Will give them a shout...must be able to refurb/repair it some where. I need all my money for upgrades!! :B_thumb:

After_Shock
Sunday 29th May 2005, 13:13
They are probably one of the best informed places to ask, only place I can think of off the top of my head is drive link in Newcastle but they may not do it. See what stu says!

macV70R
Monday 30th May 2005, 10:27
There is a place called commercial propshafts in team valley gateshead, I know they do them. I am seeing stu from AAS on thurs so will speak to him then.

mac.

macV70R
Tuesday 31st May 2005, 20:44
Found somewhere that does them for 585 + vat!! so thats a start :slap:

Mac