PDA

View Full Version : Toyo Proxes T1-R

richiemat
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 08:31
I got Toyo Proxes fitted yesterday to the front of my S60 as they seem to get positive reviews and the tread pattern looks really good. I found a place which did 4 wheel tracking as the previous Dunlop Sportmax tyres on the rear were wearing faster on the outside edge.

I took a few snaps of their tracking setup for interest as the last time i saw tracking it was dodgy mirrors and pointy arrows, very impressed with the accuracy of this method using http://www.snaponequipment.com/johnbean/wa_v3d2.asp

:smileypul

Jaseb77
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 09:24
I have run them on the S60 for a while now and find them very good, although I didn't get the tracking done after lowering car and they went bald on the inside after 8K miles, BOO.

Got tracking done & Eibach camber adjustment kit and replaced the fronts
now all is good

Happygilmore78
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 11:26
I have run Toyo Proxies before, and i didnt find them that positive on the road - in the rain i found the grip was less than some budgets i had on previously. They came highly recommended, i just found them a bit of a let down :(

PaulZX
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 11:40
funny how everyone has big differences of opinions on Toyo tyres.....

Are they all made in the same country?

I had some T1-S proxies a couple of years back, and they were the grippiest tyres in the wet I've ever had..... I had total confidence in them, unlike the ditchfinder budgets I've got now.... (they came free with the rims, gimme a break)

Happygilmore78
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 11:45
Yeh, i have some that came with the wheels on at the minute - just need to work out what to put on them after they are mashed.

Yeh, i have a friend who had Toyo's and he loved them, but his car was a lot smaller and lighter?? i dont know, maybe i had a batch made from upvc :)

dooby
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 12:17
If they're 2nd hand tyres it might be worth checking the manufacturing dates. I got a 2nd hand set of Pirelli P-Zero Assimetrico with loads of tread left but was very unimpressed until I twigged they were well past their manufacturing date.

I think the rubber had just 'gone off' and was no longer supple or grippy, just hard.

That'll teach me to check the codes before purchase next time :-(

Cheers, Pete

Happygilmore78
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 12:34
Nah, they were Brand new - but you never know how long they have been sat there

jonno12
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 14:07
ive had toyos on mine ( the same ones as yours ) since i brought it and ive got 25000 miles on them and they still have above 4 mm on them just started noticing a bit more wear on the front now so will swap them over with the rears

i think they are blinding tyres and the are good in the hot weather as the st focus bloke found out today when i took her for a clean out

richiemat
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 14:18
I have run them on the S60 for a while now and find them very good, although I didn't get the tracking done after lowering car and they went bald on the inside after 8K miles, BOO.

Got tracking done & Eibach camber adjustment kit and replaced the fronts
now all is good

Jaseb77, out of curiosity was the eibach camber kit because it had been lowered and was beyond the limits of 'standard' adjustment?

SexyBoy
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 14:30
falken fk452 are a great mid range for wet n dry use, i lost confidence in T1 r

richiemat
Friday 24th July 2009, 14:21
I like the Toyo T1-R tyre so i've just got some fitted on the front of my V70 as well. Have found them positive in wet and dry conditions.

Thanks Red :B_thumb:

j@mie
Friday 24th July 2009, 15:01
Got some Proxes on mine. All x4 have been added.

Wow, what a difference... feels good in the wet too.

Libra
Friday 24th July 2009, 16:30
I like the Toyo T1-R tyre so i've just got some fitted on the front of my V70 as well. Have found them positive in wet and dry conditions.

Thanks Red :B_thumb:

No problem Rich. Glad you like them.

s60gjb
Friday 24th July 2009, 17:54
Have the earlier T1-S's fitted to my S60 T5 and they have always been good, wet or dry. Having recently bought the V70 D5, fitted with Pirelli P6000's, the handling and grip was less than confidence inspiring. Purchased a set of T1-R's through Blackcircles (fitted by a great local centre), and it has transformed the car. Travelled back from holiday last week in the worst rain I have ever experienced with no drama whatsoever.

dicky b t5
Friday 24th July 2009, 18:04
I've got Toyo Proxes 4s on mine and they have been superb.

Fitted new about June 08 and i've just swapped them around for the second time last week. Should get another 2k out of um i reckon.

All have worn even and i should get a total of about 15k from um.

Deffo gonna buy again.

Dicky