PDA

View Full Version : C70 metal folding roof

Pliskin
Wednesday 1st July 2009, 20:55
Hi all,
After much oohing and ahhing as to the good looks and stylish profile of the C70 from my good lady, last month we took the plunge and bought a Dec 2006 C70 T5 in a very fetching silver.

It is a nice, if not particularly involving drive, but yesterday, after taking a bimble in the early evening, the roof flatly refused to shut.

The dash then digitally informed me, as if I didn't already know, that the roof mechanism had failed and I should seek service.

Eventually, after a fair bit of button pressing, swearing and switching the ignition on and off, the roof slid back into place.

I was already aware via the net that there had been problems with the roof but hoped we might not be so unlucky.

The car is still under warranty and is booked in for a look/see in a weeks time and the mean time, not wanting to chance the roof failing again, I will have to put up with the climate control.

Has anyone out there, particularly those in the Volvo network, Rufe or Aftrershock perhaps, had much experience of this.

Regards to all.