PDA

View Full Version : Sun 29th Wobbly Dave Visits East Anglia

Andrew
Sunday 29th May 2005, 01:23
For anyone in the area - Wobbly Dave is visiting....

Come say Hello

27 Victoria Green
Witchford
CAMBS
CB6 2XB

PM me for my mobile - he should be here from 11-12 onwards....

We'll be having a tinker and a bit of a drive accross the fens no doubt! Maybe even a drink and dinner somewhere who knows.

All welcome!

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 29th May 2005, 01:29
Run Away Now!

Lol

Andrew
Sunday 29th May 2005, 19:42
Well nice little impromtue meeting held with Matt, Wobbly and myself in Bury St Edmunds. Fun was had on the A14 and I can confirm despite suspected compression problems in the engine the 19T makes the car fschking quick.

Couple of hours well spent. Nice One chaps!... sorry my camera didn't have the memory card in it - the wife has been sent to the naughty step ;)

Andrew.

Matt30462
Monday 30th May 2005, 00:56
Nice to see you pair in my part of the world again. As usual Wobbly couldn't come to East Anglia without some sort of problem coming with him. Last time he met a kamikazi pidgeon that wrecked his grill this time he picked up a rogue nail and returned to Birmingham sporting 3 Volans and a Titan :slap: . The nail probably came from a horseshoe (most of the yokels round here still travel that way) Couldn't have the poor bloke poodling back to Brum with a Tempory Spare on, so he's got my spare.
See you at KTTP 2 Dave, where you can settle the hire bill for my Titan.

Andrew
Monday 30th May 2005, 01:18
Must have been in pretty deep - couldn't feel out when I had a look.

Here's hopeing you don't get a puncture Matt.

Andrew.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 30th May 2005, 08:50
Cheers lads - had a nice day out apart from the puncture. The nail had buried itself into the rain gutter bang in the centre of the tread. Ho hum! Thanks to Matt for lending me his spare titan (he now has my space saver).

An eventful return journey in parts. Some sunday driver slowing down to 20mph on the slip road of the A14 (where it splits into the A11). Big sweeping corner - huge traffic pile-up behind her. Clearly somewhat clueless as to the danger she was putting us all in with the differential in speeds between said slip road and the new bit of the A14. As soon as there was space and it was safe to do so I floored it - so thankfully I was going quick enough when the traffic merged.

Came onto the M6 South and low and behold zooming at a far rate of knots was this fab black V70 T5 (P2). Bit of fun had and a big thumbs up from me. So if it was someone on here - "You know when You've been Wobblied" :wavey:

Home in time for Top Gear (just)

I shall fix the puncture and swap the wheels back at the BBQ.