PDA

View Full Version : removing 854 rear bumper

p fandango
Tuesday 30th June 2009, 20:47
wonder if anyone can tell me how the rear bumper on a 850 4 door unbolts please. I can't find my Heinz manual & believe it or not never had the bumper off before lol

many thanks Duane

Tomcat
Tuesday 30th June 2009, 23:53
I'd imagine it's the same as the estate, look under the rear bumper at the back,there are two large bols(one each side), undo these and drill out the rivets in the wheel arch liner, should just pull off after that....

Just a word of caution, the two bolts that hold the bumper on may be seized, if they are and they snap you'll have to order replacements from Volvo, IIRC they're about £25 a side for the bolt and bracket.

PaulZX
Wednesday 1st July 2009, 01:44
I've got a haynes if you wanna lend....

only fair....

p fandango
Wednesday 1st July 2009, 01:44
I'd imagine it's the same as the estate, look under the rear bumper at the back,there are two large bols(one each side), undo these and drill out the rivets in the wheel arch liner, should just pull off after that....

Just a word of caution, the two bolts that hold the bumper on may be seized, if they are and they snap you'll have to order replacements from Volvo, IIRC they're about £25 a side for the bolt and bracket.
ah nice one mate i'll go & have a closer look under there then. Do the sides just slide into brackets then?

p fandango
Wednesday 1st July 2009, 01:46
I've got a haynes if you wanna lend....

only fair....
i'll properly end up giving you a bell when i can't get it now on then mate lol

Niles
Wednesday 1st July 2009, 11:11
The brackets are 11.70+ vat each. Havnt a clue how much the bolts are.