PDA

View Full Version : What's up with my T5?

mraldonnelly
Saturday 28th May 2005, 23:34
Either that, or what bloody engine do those BMW X5's have???!!!

Last night, on the way home from the in-laws, I had an x5 next to me at the lights leading to the M62. When the lights changed to green the guy in the X5 pulled away quite quickly indeed.

Not one to pass on the opportunity for a little fun, I booted it.

OK, so I passed him but my god did he keep up - I didn't pull away from him as fast as I thought I would. To give an idea of how fast this X5 was, I only managed to gain about 10 yards on him by the time I'd hit 105mph (at which time I realised what speed I was doing and eased off).

After I'd eased off the gas, the guy pulled past me and as he moved into my lane in front of me it appeared as though he was masturbating a ghost between the two front seats!

So, the question is, is there something wrong with my T5 or are these X5's really that fast? They're lovely cars and if I'm honest, I wouldn't mind one if I was a housewife with two kids to drop off at school five days a week, but they're heavy cars and I really didn't expect one to be able to keep up.

Regards

Andy

k690bpp
Sunday 29th May 2005, 00:08
the range topping 4.8 v8 has 360bhp and will do 60 in 5.9 secs, the 4.6 v8 has 347bhp and does 60 in 6.3 secs, the 4.4 v8 does 60 in 7.3 secs and has 286bhp, with a 3.0 straight 6 it'll do 60 in 8.5 secs and has 231bhp and even the 3.0 td will do 60 in 8.5 secs and has 218bhp.

considering a standard t5 has 240bhp and does 60 in 6.9 secs its no surprise he had the legs on you, never mind better luck next time.

mraldonnelly
Sunday 29th May 2005, 09:26
Thanks for that.

Those things are bloody fast then for the size and weight. No wonder they seem to be one of the most popular 4x4's.

If ever I was forced to get a 4x4 to do the school run and shopping in then I think it'd have to be the X5 with figures like that.

Regards

Andy

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 29th May 2005, 09:42
Many of the X5s are similar in performance to the Porsche Cayenne. Neither of which are slow. Bolt on a 19T and the roles will be reversed.

After_Shock
Sunday 29th May 2005, 09:51
As Dave mentioned a 19T will sort them but not by much, got really badly cut up to the point I nearly got smashed off the road one night by some £££££ of a footballer called kieron dyer (If thats how its spelt) driving through Newcastle one night in his 4.8i S version, naturally he had to be taught a lesson but wasnt an easy one to do!

Shame the next night the pratt crashed his Ferrari on the Tyne Bridge, must have still been getting over the thought of being beat by a 20yr old in a Volvo :haha:

M44K TS
Monday 30th May 2005, 11:38
X5's are fast and so are the Range Rovers aswell, i just managed to pass one of them!

p fandango
Monday 30th May 2005, 14:06
although i've seen a X-5 struggle to overtake a Smart roadster on a clear dual carriageway :bog:

lance
Tuesday 31st May 2005, 00:10
Must have been the most common 3.0d with the smart,
I got beaten 0-40 by a cayannes s , then he proceeded to get in my way beyond that speed!
Some of these new 4X4s are quick , but I wouldnt like the running costs!

Matt30462
Tuesday 31st May 2005, 00:23
Wouldn't particularly want to take them round a few bends at speed either.