PDA

View Full Version : Car Shaking Randomly advice needed

smithsc
Monday 29th June 2009, 12:15
Hi Guys,

Driving to work this morning after about 15mins the car started shaking quite badly first i thought it was a flat tyre so i pulled over and checked all 4 tyres were fine so i set off again but it kept doing it once i pulled off the motorway i stopped at some traffic lights when the lights went green i set off and the car was fine.

What could this be i recently changed all my pads and discs and had no problems before any advice welcomed

Scott

Diesel64
Monday 29th June 2009, 12:49
Was the judder happening at speed then? 50mph+?

Had similar problem and turned out to be trackrod end/Drop links worn on one side.

Hope this helps.

smithsc
Monday 29th June 2009, 12:58
Yeah i was a about 70ish then it just started are they easy to replace on a V70

Diesel64
Monday 29th June 2009, 15:36
Word to the wise, It might not be the trackrods/drop links - this is just what happened to mine.

If your happy Wheel balance and alighnment is ok, this would be my next port of call. Get the front up on axle stands and take the wheels off - if you can move the track rod end left to right by hand (i.e get them to pivot around the ball joint) then it a likely culprit.

Another sign is uneven tyre wear (i.e one side will be more worn at the edge than the other).

Assuming your V70 is the same as my 854 (which it will be as far as I know)...yep, fairly easy to do.

Pleanty of 'how to's' out there in cyberspace/on this forum, plus the Haynes write up is pretty clear to follow too.

You'll need to get your tracking done as soon as possible afterwards mind.

Hope this is of use