PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Pulling to N/S

cameron
Thursday 25th June 2009, 19:29
My car has a slight pull to the N/S :(

Its only just started doing it this last week, i had a replacement caliper on the O/S done @ Readviews about 3 months ago and all was well till this week.

Any ideas what it could be :confused:

I havent a leak and im not loosing fluid from anywhere so im stuck :grumpy:

Is it time for another caliper or is it an easier fix ?

Cheers Guys :B_thumb:

Jamest5r
Thursday 25th June 2009, 20:04
Just make sure in the left hand lane at york then lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cameron
Thursday 25th June 2009, 20:05
It'll be fixed by then matey :B_thumb:

Niles
Thursday 25th June 2009, 20:06
maybe....maybe inner arm bushes are WAY beyond thier use by date.

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 25th June 2009, 20:13
didn't you recently scuff the wheel, so maybe when you hit whatever you did, it's causing your new problem.

cameron
Thursday 25th June 2009, 20:17
No i did that scuff thingy the other day, the brakes have been doing it for about a week :(

Jamest5r
Thursday 25th June 2009, 20:18
Thats alright mate could you please scuff the other 3 then it will match mine and the mrs

cameron
Thursday 25th June 2009, 20:23
Im going to get them all refurbed for £100, bargain or what :D

mates rates are the best, and he does a brill job as well :B_thumb:

nobananas
Thursday 25th June 2009, 21:22
Take the vehicle for a run and try not to brake !. Then coast to a halt and carefully touch each front disc with your finger (be careful though !). If the N/S disc feels noticably hotter than the other you could have a sticky caliper or the pads could just be seized in the carriers which will cause the same thing. If it's fine then might be an idea to check balljoints, TCA inner bushes, trackrod end etc (and tyre pressure, sounds daft but often gets overlooked by assuming the worst !)

cameron
Thursday 25th June 2009, 21:23
Cheers im hoping to go for a good run tomorrow so i'll check it out :D

nobananas
Thursday 25th June 2009, 21:26
One of mine seized up a while ago (whilst going on holiday !) although oddly I got no pulling just a lot of vibration and then smoke when I stopped !

wegal
Friday 26th June 2009, 12:52
Sod the driving slowly thing... and dont touch the disk.. ever you WILL burn your finger, even if they are not siezed.

Drive it normally, then jump out and touch the WHEEL hub, if you have a sticking brake it will be much warmer than the other side, your inger tips can detect minute differences in temperature so its a safe wayto do it.

If you still cant tell any difference then find a twisty road and go for it ( remembering to compensate for the drift ) when you know the brakes are good and hot then stop and SMELL them, if one is sticking it will stink.

Although if it where me id just strip the front wheels off and refit the pads, pushing the piston all the way back into the housing to make sure its free moving. If you do that make sure you replace each pad in its ORIGINAL position or you might find that the brakes are rubbish until they re-bed in.

Good luck.

AlanG
Friday 26th June 2009, 12:58
Cam,brake imbalance is only ever accountable to one thing and that is a seized caliper. The 850 is unusual in the fact that low tyre pressure/sticky brake doesn.t make the car pull to either side when driving. Suspension geometry,I suspect. Someone mentioned checking for a warm wheel. Spot on. That'll tell if one is seizing on. Not impossible for it not to be operating at all. Either way I suggest your problem is with the o/s/f. HTH.

Shortbusdriver1969
Friday 26th June 2009, 19:21
Just make sure in the left hand lane at york then lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

York why York I live in York. wana know more ;-)

Shortbusdriver1969
Friday 26th June 2009, 19:26
ATS and the like do FREE brake test why not take advantage of that,
I'd plumb for a dodgy caliper, one of my rear O/s calli's once stuck on a then disk pulled off the brake pad, had to change both rear calipers, always remember one must change the ' pair ' not just one :-)

Jamest5r
Friday 26th June 2009, 19:47
Meet york raceway next sat 4th, 15 booked to run one space left i think you need to speak to cameron, see meet/events tread cant miss it.