PDA

View Full Version : RGS motorsport

850 t5 vs 600cc
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 12:09
I've just taken my mate down to RGS Motorsport in Wellingborough to sort out his Fiesta rs turbo. I got talking to them about remaps and chips and they said i can have a superchip for £400 which i thought was a lot. I said about Rica remap and Hamish doing the tuning and they said its too cheap to be any good. So i told them about all the people on the forum who has had it done and all good reviews anout it and they said it would just melt the engine and blow up the ECU. I know what i've read and i know where i'm going and its not RGS.

Alan M
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 14:01
To get the power quoted by superchips you have to run an MBC in conjunction with the upgrade IIRC. I may be wrong though.

p fandango
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 14:23
the old superchip used to just remove the boost limit from the ECU so they could wind up the MBC, but think they've got a proper remap know which doesn't use an MBC

AlanG
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 14:51
Whatever the case,I wouldn't use this company. Not sporting to criticise other businesses.....my tuppence. Wouldnt trust them.:nono:

p fandango
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 15:24
Whatever the case,I wouldn't use this company. Not sporting to criticise other businesses.....my tuppence. Wouldnt trust them.:nono:
theirs alot of it going on i'm afraid, always easier to slag off the competition is sales aren't going too well

JelT5
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 15:40
theirs alot of it going on i'm afraid, always easier to slag off the competition is sales aren't going too well

absolutely right mate- had that yesterday from a "tuner" in Luxembourg who was saying that my 304 map must be ****e because his maps cost in excess of €599. What a total knob :uglyhamme

p fandango
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 16:34
absolutely right mate- had that yesterday from a "tuner" in Luxembourg who was saying that my 304 map must be ****e because his maps cost in excess of €599. What a total knob :uglyhamme
if he was that confident you should of asked him to test it against your current map, bet he wouldn't of been able to tell any difference :sheep:

850 t5 vs 600cc
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 18:09
absolutely right mate- had that yesterday from a "tuner" in Luxembourg who was saying that my 304 map must be ****e because his maps cost in excess of €599. What a total knob :agleam

Thats what i was trying to tell them but i got told that it can't be any good because of the price. I still want to go to HLM and get mine done, just need the money. But good things will wait for me.

I was told that the chip at superchips can so modified to use the MBC as well. Still don't want one..

jez.w
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 18:40
I have the HLM 280 Rica, it is basically exactly the same as the Rica 280, and not that long ago it cost over £300 plus. HLM are dong them for £150 now and its a very good deal. I have had no trouble with mine in 20k plus miles, my 850 really flies now, huge, huge difference, i could not go back to the standard ecu now, my car would be too slow. Super chips are no way near as good for the T5 as the Rica or MTE maps, as has been proven on many forums.

Big Pete
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 19:49
When I bought my 850R it had a Superchip on it, they are so good that the whole ecu and board had no cover on it because it wouldn't fit with the Superchip!!!

Now it is always better to have a complete re-map than an ecu piggybacked so I got it removed and the HLM 304 added. Straight away it felt more responsive and haven't looked back.

Best £150 anyone could spend on their 850 Turbo.

AlanG
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 19:56
When I bought my 850R it had a Superchip on it, they are so good that the whole ecu and board had no cover on it because it wouldn't fit with the Superchip!!!

Now it is always better to have a complete re-map than an ecu piggybacked so I got it removed and the HLM 304 added. Straight away it felt more responsive and haven't looked back.

Best £150 anyone could spend on their 850 Turbo.

Absolutely and contrary to popular belief they run very well with an MBC. Results are breathtaking. As long as you don't go overboard of course!:funkybana

p fandango
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 19:58
Absolutely and contrary to popular belief they run very well with an MBC. Results are breathtaking. As long as you don't go overboard of course!:funkybana
the only reason i don't recommend using an MBC alongside a remap is because the overboost protection will have been removed, & i know how easy it is to either go to mad & keep turning it till something goes bang (i've always been a fan of the MBC, as most of the originals on here will know)