PDA

View Full Version : car faster after wash!

benep
Sunday 21st June 2009, 19:02
I mean washers! was fiddleing earlier with pipework and a blanking plate and tried the old washers behind wastegate bracket trick, cars loads quicker and pulls really hard, can`t beat free performance, especially when the rest is gonna cost a fortune!

p fandango
Sunday 21st June 2009, 19:08
can't say i've heard of that trick, can you go into more detail please & explain what you did?

AlanG
Sunday 21st June 2009, 19:20
Could be intake...........Whisky perhaps? Only joking buddy but would love to hear more also..........

benep
Sunday 21st June 2009, 19:39
something that 200sx and skyline owners do quite alot. its a bit of a **** to do, but took all my heat shields off to get to the re circ. I took the wastegate off then just put 1 sort of 2/3mm washer on the end of each of the 2 bolts to act as spacers between the bracket.
Had to take the intake pipe off as well as iv`e recently found the backside of t5 engine bays are a little tight! lol. just keeps the wastegate shut tighter and closed for longer

AlanG
Sunday 21st June 2009, 19:48
Wouldn't you get the same result just by shortening the actuator rod?

benep
Sunday 21st June 2009, 19:51
sort of, messing with the actuator rod tends to just increase boost slightly, and doesn`t put the same sort of pressure on the wastegate to keep it closed, a new wastegate would help even more as when they start to get old they get a bit looser

AlanG
Sunday 21st June 2009, 19:58
Right.......When I got mine and joined this site,I got a how to on this and it worked a treat, Took a bit of time though as the wear on different cars/mileage obviously varies. Trial and error really. Mine was spiking a bit to begin with but after some perserverance it settled. Don't know if this is of any use but hope it is.........Alan.

benep
Sunday 21st June 2009, 20:17
pretty much the same thing though, bit of free power :-)