PDA

View Full Version : Injector Removal

Clan998
Saturday 20th June 2009, 19:00
Hi All

Whats the easiest way to get the injectors out ? Im sending them to Jim to get them cleaned :-)

Ive looked at the Haynes Manual ... sounds like a pain in the a##e ?

Ive looked at it and thought why cant I undo the large nut on the left end of the fuel rail and just disconnect the short fuel hose . Undo the two bolts and the rail should lift off ?

Any idea's ?????

Cheers Rich

nobananas
Saturday 20th June 2009, 19:43
Hi All

Whats the easiest way to get the injectors out ? Im sending them to Jim to get them cleaned :-)

Ive looked at the Haynes Manual ... sounds like a pain in the a##e ?

Ive looked at it and thought why cant I undo the large nut on the left end of the fuel rail and just disconnect the short fuel hose . Undo the two bolts and the rail should lift off ?

Any idea's ?????

Cheers Rich

That's right, it will but be prepared for some fuel loss.

Tomcat
Saturday 20th June 2009, 19:48
Don't forget to de pressurise the system first, on the right hand side of the rail there's what looks like a tyre valve, push this in and have a cloth handy to catch the excess fuel.

Alan M
Saturday 20th June 2009, 19:48
Remove the fuel return hose above the rail. Undo the two 10mm headed hew bolts, undo the large union on the end of the fuel rail then lift out the injecors in the rail. Be careful not to drop anyting on removal. Then take out the injectors then send them to Jim.

nobananas
Saturday 20th June 2009, 22:23
Best do it when the engines stone cold LOL !

AlanG
Saturday 20th June 2009, 22:32
Forte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomcat
Saturday 20th June 2009, 22:50
Forte might be good but Jimca is better, he ultrasonicaly cleans and balances them.

AlanG
Saturday 20th June 2009, 23:00
Worth a try TC,it's not expensive and worked a treat with mine. Just a thought.

Clan998
Sunday 21st June 2009, 09:39
Worth a try TC,it's not expensive and worked a treat with mine. Just a thought.

Alan

Ive tried the forte and the mpg went up slightly :-) but I thought since getting Jim to clean the injectors is relatively cheap ..... and judging by what others say it seems to bring good results I thought I d give it a go :-)

Ill see how much better mine is or not .... after ive got the cleaned injectors back in :-) and Ill let you guys know ?

Rich

Flatout Phil
Monday 6th June 2011, 12:07
Remove the fuel return hose above the rail. Undo the two 10mm headed hew bolts, undo the large union on the end of the fuel rail then lift out the injecors in the rail. Be careful not to drop anyting on removal. Then take out the injectors then send them to Jim.

Yes I really must get around to this. The car runs really well, but that's what we all think until we have these things done.
Mind you, I think it overfuels quite a lot on the map as it is - so heaven knows what will happen if they are currently a bit clogged!

abdul
Monday 6th June 2011, 12:13
would this be same for v70 t5 removal

Alan M
Monday 6th June 2011, 15:52
Yes it will be the same Abdul.

siamblue
Monday 6th June 2011, 20:11
Mine injectors were a right pain to get out, i had to use a small bar and pry the fuel rail up at the ends. ended up splitting one o ring in the process.

Gary