PDA

View Full Version : problems after fitting dump valve.

polredt5
Friday 19th June 2009, 14:28
As above,i fitted a Forge dump valve yesterday as my car seemed to be losing boost high up.I thought that the recirculating valve was leaking,so when the dump valve came along cheap i bought it.On removal of the re-circ it was holed and perished!Car now holds boost as it should,which me chuffed about.
The problem now is after it dumps boost and i change up a gear it splutters and isnt keen to spool straight away.I will put it back to standard when i go back up the road(home) from work next week,sure i never had any probs on a previous t5 i fitted a dump valve to a few years back.

Just wandering if the dump valve could be faulty or is this the norm?Oh and i much preffered the noise up through the cone filter! Thanks in advance,Paul..

benep
Friday 19th June 2009, 17:16
doesn`t sound the norm! could be faulty seals or a hose not attached properly. did you clean the face of the re circ before fitting the blanking plate? believe forge valves are rebuildable if faulty

polredt5
Friday 19th June 2009, 17:27
I gave it a clean alright,and used some dirko?(sump sealant) on the blanking plate.I did think i had left a pipe of the inlet pipe from the bcs,but checked this morning before work and all was connected.Going to have another nosey in a min when i go out for scoff,maybe i was still half asleep this morn.lol.