PDA

View Full Version : wheres the plug>?>????

Chad
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 18:51
hi people, ive tried looking for the 2nd plug behind the stereo to fit a autoleads so i can fit an after market system.

because on my v70r the 2nd plug for the system was just further along the loom.

but on my C70 its different..........cause the little plug has only 1 wire out and i cant get sound.

any ideas......??????

thanks

chad

Enigma666
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 19:12
This is with the full Dolby setup I assume? Mine plugged straight into the amp plug and splits into RCA cables if that helps?

Chad
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 19:36
the c70 hasnt got the dolby speaker, yet it has the same wiring as my R.

im puzzled......

Enigma666
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 19:53
If there is no amp in the system then you don't need the adaptor plugs, just the usual Halfords ISO convertor to take it from Volvo to Aftermarket...if you have the amp itself then you will have a round DIN connector which the harness plugs into :)

colnotts
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 20:12
mine was in the top left corner mate. cant you follow the single wire plug back im sure you will find it this way..

Chad
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 20:34
thanks colnotts,,,,,think its me just being lazy...lol

Chad
Thursday 9th July 2009, 23:37
still no luck...........the single wire plug just goes into the loom.....

Enigma666
Thursday 9th July 2009, 23:45
Take me some pics of what you can see mate I will try and point it all out for you :D

Chad
Friday 10th July 2009, 00:33
coolski

ctautos@btinternet.com
Friday 10th July 2009, 12:45
if you take out the system as you look in the black hole feel on the in side
of the dash it may be clipped to it

Wombatbomb
Friday 10th July 2009, 12:54
On a C70 fitted with the SC901 (the 3 disc headunit) he'll be searching a long time for the second cable as it isn't there. The SC901 doesn't have a built in amplifier except for the centre dash speaker where fitted (this is the green connection on the back of the headunit). What you are looking for is a black din plug (5 or 6 pin IIRC) in the back of the SC901, this is the feed to the amplifier which is located in the passenger side of the C70's boot, behind the carpet.

IPD and, sometimes, a guy on ebay, sell a specific adaptor for converting this din plug into the necessary cables to attach to an aftermarket head unit.

Enigma666
Friday 10th July 2009, 13:02
On a C70 fitted with the SC901 (the 3 disc headunit) he'll be searching a long time for the second cable as it isn't there. The SC901 doesn't have a built in amplifier except for the centre dash speaker where fitted (this is the green connection on the back of the headunit). What you are looking for is a black din plug (5 or 6 pin IIRC) in the back of the SC901, this is the feed to the amplifier which is located in the passenger side of the C70's boot, behind the carpet.

IPD and, sometimes, a guy on ebay, sell a specific adaptor for converting this din plug into the necessary cables to attach to an aftermarket head unit.

That's what I said in post #4 lol

Chad
Friday 10th July 2009, 18:27
if you take out the system as you look in the black hole feel on the in side
of the dash it may be clipped to it

nope....already checked that.....