PDA

View Full Version : V70 Corroded Headlight Reflector

simpT5
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 10:55
I Have noticed my drivers side headlight reflector is a little bit dull/corroded and not as shinney as the passenger side one.

Does anyone know if this is available as a separate part or do I need to buy the whole headlight?

I was thinking about taking it apart and giving it a spray with some chrome spray but I dont want to make it look any worse!

Cheers,
Simon.

Yosser
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 11:46
I don't think the reflectors are available as a separate part.

Mine were bad too and I did spray them with that chrome paint stuff. That made them a wee bit better, but not like new!

In the end I replaced the lights with projectors.

If you're feeling flush theres a guy on the VOC forum selling a set of the later 'crystal' lights for £200.

volvoturboman
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 12:51
My V70 is the same, you can't buy the part seperate. In fact I'm currently looking at buying a used one as the tarnished unit will make the car fail mot here in NI.

ctautos@btinternet.com
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 21:07
hi guy"s i think i have some lights. a drink + pp yours i will check if you are interested

simpT5
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 10:18
hi guy"s i think i have some lights. a drink + pp yours i will check if you are interested

ooo yes if you have a drivers side headlight with a nice shiney reflector I'd be very interested indeed!! Let me know what you want for it inc delivery,

Cheers,
Simon.

MisterC1501
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:34
If you're feeling flush theres a guy on the VOC forum selling a set of the later 'crystal' lights for £200.

Hi mate

Been looking on the VOC for these, but can't seem to find them. Do you know who it was or a linky to the thread.

Cheers

Yosser
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:41
Here you go:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=72790

ctautos@btinternet.com
Thursday 18th June 2009, 14:08
hi not good enough to bother wih sorrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy

simpT5
Thursday 18th June 2009, 14:37
hi not good enough to bother wih sorrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy

well thanks for the offer anyway!

LeeT5
Friday 24th July 2009, 02:28
I Have noticed my drivers side headlight reflector is a little bit dull/corroded and not as shinney as the passenger side one.

Does anyone know if this is available as a separate part or do I need to buy the whole headlight?

I was thinking about taking it apart and giving it a spray with some chrome spray but I dont want to make it look any worse!

Cheers,
Simon.

Time to pop along to PFV and have yourself some sexy new Projectors. Whilst your browsing the vast library of the interweb you may aswell pop along to HID4U with promo code : TOYOTA PRO and nab yourself some (oh my god i am blind!!) 6000k hids......a steal at £74!!

all this and alot cheaper than oe lights from the stealers!

Wobbly Dave
Friday 24th July 2009, 10:54
I have some ordinary volvo headlights - still in good order of the C70 that will fit yours.