PDA

View Full Version : In car 1/4 mile run

JelT5
Monday 15th June 2009, 08:24
Two vids: one burnout and "ass waxing" from my friend's 10 sec Chevelle and in car 1/4 mile run :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bESiM1nB5cw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DiY6Qz7zzo

timbo_1975
Monday 15th June 2009, 10:03
Can certainly hear you feathering the throttle to avoid roasting the tyres as you leave the line!

richiemat
Monday 15th June 2009, 10:04
that exhaust system you have fitted sounds fantastic :)

JelT5
Monday 15th June 2009, 11:03
that exhaust system you have fitted sounds fantastic :)

Its really subtle (despite single box) until you get into boost mode- then it sounds awesome!

mk3phill
Monday 15th June 2009, 11:57
cool vdeos dude. what times did you run?!

Wobbly Dave
Monday 15th June 2009, 12:05
Just what I was gonna ask?

JelT5
Monday 15th June 2009, 12:38
cool vdeos dude. what times did you run?!

Thanks matey :) go there every month now in an attempt to get further than round 2 in the brackets!

Check this thread for times:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22719

AlanG
Monday 15th June 2009, 14:32
Very entertaining my friend and many thanks for posting the links. That V8 monster looks incredibly quick!!

p fandango
Monday 15th June 2009, 14:45
very nice rolling burn-out there sir, i'm surprised they have the water box so far away from the strip tho.

My bro almost ran over a marshal doing his burn-out at the Easter thunderball, his run was following Mark in the Vanarchy van who loves doing silly burn-outs where no-one can see a thing. My bro sat in the box waiting for the smoke to clear but the race director got stroppy & pointed him on, he went for it doing a rolling burn-out to the line & luckily just spotted the bloke sweeping the line thru the fog, managed to stop in time & just miss him :eek:

JelT5
Monday 15th June 2009, 16:42
Very entertaining my friend and many thanks for posting the links. That V8 monster looks incredibly quick!!

Thanks Alan, more on my youtube page; check out the Chevy Luv!

more videos here (http://www.youtube.com/JelsT5)

the Luv truck and Chevelle are owned by my mates, brothers, got 1st and 2nd in the brackets this wkend. Gits lol ;) Both run around 10.9 on the 1/4

JelT5
Monday 15th June 2009, 16:49
very nice rolling burn-out there sir, i'm surprised they have the water box so far away from the strip tho.

I was quite proud of that one lol
It's a matter of not enough space on site- they rent a taxiway off Bitburg airport for the 1/4s. So it's not a prepped strip like Pod or Avon Park.

My bro almost ran over a marshal doing his burn-out at the Easter thunderball, his run was following Mark in the Vanarchy van who loves doing silly burn-outs where no-one can see a thing. My bro sat in the box waiting for the smoke to clear but the race director got stroppy & pointed him on, he went for it doing a rolling burn-out to the line & luckily just spotted the bloke sweeping the line thru the fog, managed to stop in time & just miss him :eek:

shi-ite! I've seen the Vanarchy van on youtube- brilliant burn outs! I need slicks and a line lock as my F1s are losing quite alot of tread on a monthly basis :mischievo

p fandango
Monday 15th June 2009, 17:10
I was quite proud of that one lol
It's a matter of not enough space on site- they rent a taxiway off Bitburg airport for the 1/4s. So it's not a prepped strip like Pod or Avon Park.
i don't normally do a burn-out tbh, on normal road tyres i don't think they are designed for the heat to make any difference to the compound. I normally just drive thru the water box & spin upto the line to clean & stones off them. Bitburg must be nice piece of tarmac tho to be getting such good times

shi-ite! I've seen the Vanarchy van on youtube- brilliant burn outs! I need slicks and a line lock as my F1s are losing quite alot of tread on a monthly basis :mischievo
you don't need a line-lock on FWD, just keep the handbrake on & floor it lol. Mark (Vanarchy) uses Toyo tyres on his race bus & they've lasted surprisingly well

JelT5
Monday 15th June 2009, 18:18
you don't need a line-lock on FWD, just keep the handbrake on & floor it lol. Mark (Vanarchy) uses Toyo tyres on his race bus & they've lasted surprisingly well

ah...this is kinda embarrassing, my handbrake is now totalled due to me forgetting to take it off after burn out and running the 1/4 with it on! LOL
Still did a 15.5@91mph hahaha what a divvy eh?!

p fandango
Monday 15th June 2009, 18:44
ah...this is kinda embarrassing, my handbrake is now totalled due to me forgetting to take it off after burn out and running the 1/4 with it on! LOL
Still did a 15.5@91mph hahaha what a divvy eh?!
ah i don't believe you wanted to do that, slicks on the front flatspots on the back lol

JelT5
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 05:27
ah i don't believe you wanted to do that, slicks on the front flatspots on the back lol

It wasn't one of my finer moments! Still, 15.5 with the handbrake on is quite good lol

AlanG
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:53
Thanks Alan, more on my youtube page; check out the Chevy Luv!

more videos here (http://www.youtube.com/JelsT5)

the Luv truck and Chevelle are owned by my mates, brothers, got 1st and 2nd in the brackets this wkend. Gits lol ;) Both run around 10.9 on the 1/4

Goin on there now mate,love all that. Never grew up I have to conclude.

AlanG
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:55
That Chevelle!!

JelT5
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 21:06
That Chevelle!!

Good innit :beer: