PDA

View Full Version : help

unforgiven
Saturday 13th June 2009, 11:24
i was driving on the M90 last night and the red oil light came on
i pulled over and checked oil level and was perfect
continued on and after 2 miles it came on again with a message on the left side saying oil pressure low stop engine immediatly
i called AA who suspect oil pressure switch as the engine is silk with no noises

can anyone shed sum light

v70torslanda
Saturday 13th June 2009, 18:42
Take to garage. Check oil pressure. Don't drive it until you know that you don't need an oil pump.

unforgiven
Saturday 13th June 2009, 21:28
booked it in for monday
its not worth the headache of trying to solve myself

argyllt5
Tuesday 31st July 2012, 07:18
Hi, new on here. My 'no oil pressure stop engine' message came on yesterday also. Only after i gave it a run and parked on my drive ticking over! Think i'll have to take the sump off and see whats going on also.

M-R-P
Tuesday 31st July 2012, 08:26
I'm guessing you have an S60/S80/V70 from between 2000 and 2004, probably 2001 with in excess of 100k on it?

Has your speedo been doing strange things?

argyllt5
Friday 3rd August 2012, 18:36
got the 'NO OIL PRESSURE' light on the dash also. comes on when the cars ticking over. a wee blip of the throttle and its out. the oil can light comes on when your driving aswell. thats more of a flash on/off ??? did an oil change the other day to see if it cures it...but no ?????????

argyllt5
Friday 3rd August 2012, 18:46
volvo says...

Oil pressure warning light
If the light comes on while driving, the oil pressure is too low. Stop the car and then stop the engine immediately and check the engine oil level. See the section titled "Engine oil". If the light stays on after restart, have the car towed to the nearest authorized Volvo retailer. After hard driving, the light may come on occasionally when the engine is idling. This is normal, provided it goes off when the engine speed is increased.

surely not right!!

claymore
Friday 3rd August 2012, 19:00
volvo says...

Oil pressure warning light
If the light comes on while driving, the oil pressure is too low. Stop the car and then stop the engine immediately and check the engine oil level. See the section titled "Engine oil". If the light stays on after restart, have the car towed to the nearest authorized Volvo retailer. After hard driving, the light may come on occasionally when the engine is idling. This is normal, provided it goes off when the engine speed is increased.

surely not right!!

I seem to remember something similar in my old BMW handbook