PDA

View Full Version : Website list of LPG Filling Stations

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 12th June 2009, 11:23
If you are running on LPG and not in an area you know, then this website could help you no end.

http://www.drivelpg.co.uk/map/index.php

I'm going to set it up on the mobile phone, then I'll only have to pay Orange an arm and a leg to find gas for Christine, when I get her back on the road :saint:

Rufe
Friday 12th June 2009, 12:11
i have never used it myself, mainly as i dont have lpg lol, but i have seen there are also POI add on files for sat nav's too which can also be a help i would imagine

5seaterT5x2
Friday 12th June 2009, 12:53
If you are running on LPG and not in an area you know, then this website could help you no end.

http://www.drivelpg.co.uk/map/index.php

I'm going to set it up on the mobile phone, then I'll only have to pay Orange an arm and a leg to find gas for Christine, when I get her back on the road :saint:

lpg stations are and can be loaded to most sat navs cheaper than a phone call, lpg is the dogs danglies. been running it in 3 different cars over the last 8/9 years

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 12th June 2009, 19:15
I've got an LPG overlay on my Garmin but if you're sans Satnav or you are looking at which route to take then it could be handy.:smile:

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 12th June 2009, 19:17
i have never used it myself, mainly as i dont have lpg lol, but i have seen there are also POI add on files for sat nav's too which can also be a help i would imagine

It's worth looking at as the price of petrol is going up again. I'm paying 45p a litre at the moment.

mikej
Friday 12th June 2009, 23:13
Been running lpg for a few years now with no issues although be it not in a volvo, any of you running a T5 if so any problems and what kind of economy are you getting ( realistic figures please ) looking to find a nice 850R estate and gassing it ?

Porcine_Aviator
Saturday 13th June 2009, 01:17
I'd love to say yes I'm running a T5 with LPG, but there's a small problem, I'm running a T5 with LPG, but it's been in and out of the garage so often since I bought it I don't know what the MPG is for it.

And she's currently guess where? Yep in the garage :cussing::cussing:

mikej
Saturday 13th June 2009, 09:10
Bloody hell sorry to hear that mate you must be one of the unlucky ones , is it the install thats the problem or does the car just not perform on gas ? i have done almost 50K on a romano system without any problems yet! Spoke to a bloke with a phase 2 T5 at the service station last week and he reckoned he done nearer 60k in his without issue, don't know what system he had mind.

Porcine_Aviator
Saturday 13th June 2009, 15:33
It's not the LPG that's the problem, it's a whole load of other things. I say that but just before the gearbox died a couple of weeks ago the gas stopped working.

But a good rule of thumb, this is from the other half who has a brain like a computer and an IQ that would give Carol Vorderman a run for her money, if you look at your current MPG that you get from petrol and then take 30% off that, you will get the MPG for LPG.

Simples.:D

Mental Wealth Doctor
Monday 28th December 2009, 00:26
yep im on lpg. no problems just gotta get it mapped to suit each new mod as an when, romano rings a bell might be that one, was told by the lpg chap it was good for up to 500bhp.

Porcine_Aviator
Monday 28th December 2009, 01:05
I had all the electrics for the LPG removed and I'm going to get it sorted out in the New Year when the garage can fit her in.