PDA

View Full Version : ABS Module

p0xy
Friday 12th June 2009, 10:45
went to take my abs module off ( 850 t5) and one of the screws are rounded grrr, so couldnt do that. there is a little rubber grommet thing on the bottom of the air filter and i cant get it back on, whats the easiest way to do it this heres a pic of it
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/p0xy/DSC01830.jpg

Wobbly Dave
Friday 12th June 2009, 10:48
Is your ABS unit a shiny metal one or a black thing that hangs underneath the ABS pump (see pic in this thread)

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=224

The pic above - the rubber connector is part of the PCV (positive crank ventilation) system. But this is not related to the ABS system??

BTW I am not showing you the thread because I need the work or anything - it's just where I know a good picture lives.

p0xy
Friday 12th June 2009, 10:51
aye mines the black one, i moved the pipe out of the way of the abs unit so i could get in and the grommet has came out that what you said, i was just wonderin whats the easiest way to get it back in lol

Wobbly Dave
Friday 12th June 2009, 10:55
If the E5 torx screw is ££££££ed then you may have to dismount the pump - being very careful not to bend/crimp the brakelines and cut a slot in the head of the bolt. Or you maybe able to get fine monkey grips on to the head and remove. I have spare bolts if you need (but they are not expensive from a dealer).

Which one of the bolts is knackered?

Has the whole tube come away from the air intake or just the rubber union?

If just the latter - then it just slides on. Originally they had spring clips on them - but you can just use a cable tie

p0xy
Friday 12th June 2009, 10:56
its the top left one so its easy to get at

Wobbly Dave
Friday 12th June 2009, 10:58
cut a slot or use a 4mm socket and bang the ££££er on the end of the bolt.

p0xy
Friday 12th June 2009, 10:59
ok cheers mate wil ltry that

p0xy
Friday 12th June 2009, 16:55
so will it make a difference in the grommet thing isnt in properly?

NorthlandDave
Saturday 13th June 2009, 06:52
I pour hot water over the grommet thing and the intake hose to make it more flexible so I can push it back in. I take the intake hose out of the car to do it though, probably not the best idea to do it with everything still in the car.

If it's not seated properly it might suck air?

p0xy
Saturday 13th June 2009, 12:54
I pour hot water over the grommet thing and the intake hose to make it more flexible so I can push it back in. I take the intake hose out of the car to do it though, probably not the best idea to do it with everything still in the car.

If it's not seated properly it might suck air?

cheers mate is it easy to take the intake hose out?

NorthlandDave
Sunday 14th June 2009, 09:17
Should be easy enough. Loosen the jubilee clip where it attaches to the turbo, disconnect any vacuum hoses attached (the two pcv ones in your picture) to the intake hose, disconnect the wiring connector to the MAF sensor and unclip the the lid of the air filter box. Wiggle/pull the intake hose off the turbo and it and filter lid should lift out in one piece then.

Once the grommet is seated properly, the intake hose just goes back in the same way it came out. Just reconnect the vacuum, pcv hoses (replace the clip on the bigger of the two in your picture with a new one or a jubilee clip) and wiring connectors, do up the jubilee clip where it connects to the turbo, pop the lid back on the air filter housing and do the clips.

Would just be careful with the two pcv hoses (the ones in your picture) that attach to the PTC grommet, as they are made from a hard plastic which gets brittle over the years with the heat, so the only flex is from the rubber bends on the end.

Dave.

p0xy
Sunday 14th June 2009, 10:25
cheers dave mate will go out in a bit and try it :)

p0xy
Sunday 14th June 2009, 11:17
well just done it and took all of 10 mins :)... the little pipe what pushes onto the pcv was blocked and so was the hole in the pcm itself so i gave it all a clean with carb cleaner... thanks all for your help :)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 15th June 2009, 12:28
Glad it worked out ok.