PDA

View Full Version : S60 T5...not bad are they ??

V8guitar
Thursday 26th May 2005, 11:53
Just had a nice little jaunt yesterday. Driving on an autobahn ( obviously) and saw an S60 T5. Came up behind him and we both waited for a pratt in a 320d to move out of the way ( sitting in the outside lane whilst inside was clear...muppet).

After the beamer moved we both floored it....only just stayed with him ( I'm ricced!!) and I backed off at around 140ish ( Rio ferdinand news in my head!) and he kept goin!! Whoosh!!

Looked like a company car, so doubt there were any mods....I also don't think he shifted down...I am impressed!

I definately want an S60R now!

Mrsmopp
Thursday 26th May 2005, 12:04
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting one on the roads yet which surprises me somewhat because i see a fair few of them on my travels but they always seem to be going in the opposite direction!! LOL

x

V8guitar
Thursday 26th May 2005, 14:20
Yeah, I have had one on loan before ( as I could have one as a company car if I pay loads of tax) and it did seem quick but it was nice to really see one go.

The beamer driver was wasted!

lance
Thursday 26th May 2005, 14:25
Ive got a long wait for my dogs health to depricate(he is 6) Then I want an S60!
I do love my Dog though!

Make sure you buy the manual V8!

V8guitar
Thursday 26th May 2005, 15:13
Make sure you buy the manual V8!

Although I love my auto ( not the geartronic bit) it will be a manual. Got a VERY expensive kitchen to get out of the way, perhaps a jetski, then an S60R so it will be next year, I hope around march...

Mrsmopp
Thursday 26th May 2005, 15:15
Although I love my auto ( not the geartronic bit) it will be a manual. Got a VERY expensive kitchen to get out of the way, perhaps a jetski, then an S60R so it will be next year, I hope around march...

You should have come to see me for you new kitchen! I may have been able to save you a wee bit :slap:

x

nikgallagher
Thursday 26th May 2005, 15:37
... perhaps a jetski...

Get much use for that in Derby? ;-)

dave
Thursday 26th May 2005, 19:32
Just had a nice little jaunt yesterday. Driving on an autobahn ( obviously) and saw an S60 T5. Came up behind him and we both waited for a pratt in a 320d to move out of the way ( sitting in the outside lane whilst inside was clear...muppet).

After the beamer moved we both floored it....only just stayed with him ( I'm ricced!!) and I backed off at around 140ish ( Rio ferdinand news in my head!) and he kept goin!! Whoosh!!

Looked like a company car, so doubt there were any mods....I also don't think he shifted down...I am impressed!

I definately want an S60R now!

what age was the s60 t5?

i used to have one, nice and fast, but did suffer from alot of wheelspin in wet weather

dave

V8guitar
Thursday 26th May 2005, 19:46
Don't know cos I can never work these new plates out...it was a newish one, suspect the 2005 model, i.e. 250 BHP.

V8guitar
Thursday 26th May 2005, 19:48
You should have come to see me for you new kitchen! I may have been able to save you a wee bit :slap:

x

Its not the actual kitchen that's the expensive bit, its the building work, all new appliances, tiles, granite work surfaces, new boiler etc...

V8guitar
Thursday 26th May 2005, 19:49
Get much use for that in Derby? ;-)

Couple of places to go.....but going for a cheaper one to see if I use it!

dave
Thursday 26th May 2005, 21:19
Don't know cos I can never work these new plates out...it was a newish one, suspect the 2005 model, i.e. 250 BHP.

very easy to tell difference between 2005 model and older ones,

if the side doors, back and front bumper trim strip thing, is black its a older model, if the trim is colour coded to body colour, then its the new one

if the reg was 54 or 05 then its the new one

the old one had 250bhp and new one has 260bhp

but the new one weighs 100kg more, but some of that will be off set by the new 6 speed box, older model has 5 speed box.

volvo claim the new one does hit 60, 0.5 sec quicker than old model

dave

After_Shock
Thursday 26th May 2005, 21:22
The new 6 speed box actually makes them feel very quick on their feet, especially in 2nd and 3rd gear, was a bit of an eye opener when drove one wasnt expecting it to be as quick as it was.

V8guitar
Friday 27th May 2005, 11:28
very easy to tell difference between 2005 model and older ones,

if the side doors, back and front bumper trim strip thing, is black its a older model, if the trim is colour coded to body colour, then its the new one

if the reg was 54 or 05 then its the new one

the old one had 250bhp and new one has 260bhp

but the new one weighs 100kg more, but some of that will be off set by the new 6 speed box, older model has 5 speed box.

volvo claim the new one does hit 60, 0.5 sec quicker than old model

dave

Reg was 54 so must have been a 260 BHP - keep forgetting it went up to 260, as that is the one I test drove. It was impressive!

Mrsmopp
Friday 27th May 2005, 12:06
Its not the actual kitchen that's the expensive bit, its the building work, all new appliances, tiles, granite work surfaces, new boiler etc...

Like I said you should have come to see me "building surveyor with teams of tradesmen!"

x

V8guitar
Friday 27th May 2005, 14:54
NOW you blumin say!!

Might need a plasterer....

Mrsmopp
Friday 27th May 2005, 14:58
NOW you blumin say!!

Might need a plasterer....

PM me if you need any trades and I'll do my best to sort you out ; )

x