PDA

View Full Version : Need help

feeney709
Sunday 7th June 2009, 20:00
Hi, ive went to skegness for the weekend, as i was leaving a light came on my dash, its the light that is next to the tracs light, its an orange light with a green triangle and a black symbol in it, the light was on and i drove 120 miles without a problem, what does the light mean?

Tomcat
Sunday 7th June 2009, 20:01
It means the car has detected a problem, it could be anything so the first thing to do is to check the fault codes. What year is the car??.

feeney709
Sunday 7th June 2009, 20:29
It means the car has detected a problem, it could be anything so the first thing to do is to check the fault codes. What year is the car??.

hi mate, its a n reg, 1996

Tomcat
Sunday 7th June 2009, 20:36
Ok, unless you have your own fault code reader you'll need to take it to a dealer, or someone who has a reader. Under the coin holder in the centre console there should be a plug, this is where the code reader needs to be plugged in.

feeney709
Sunday 7th June 2009, 20:53
Ok, unless you have your own fault code reader you'll need to take it to a dealer, or someone who has a reader. Under the coin holder in the centre console there should be a plug, this is where the code reader needs to be plugged in.

thanks for that, i forgot to mention that 5 mins before the light came on i drove threw one of the biggest puddles in skegness at high speed, could that of caused the light to come on?

Volvostorm
Sunday 7th June 2009, 21:11
I'm sure that wouldn't help matters!

As been said, you need to get the codes read, and its logged a fault for you to discover!

feeney709
Monday 8th June 2009, 12:56
had the codes read today, one code was 414 max boost pressure and the other code was 433 rear knock sensor,
my mate who is a machanic said that i had got water into my air filter due to me going threw one of the biggest puddles in skegness, car seems to be ok, no nasty noises or nothing, so hopefully it is sorted out

Alan M
Monday 8th June 2009, 15:53
Make sure the codes have been cleared and the light stays off otherwise the problem will still be there. You may just need to reseat the knock sensor and torque it up properly. The 4-1-4 is probably because you are running a MBC (are you?).

Adge
Monday 8th June 2009, 16:10
Once had similar. Son drove my C70 much more aggressively than I do!
Same light came on. Eventually cleared itself. No adverse running noted during or after!

p fandango
Monday 8th June 2009, 16:15
The 4-1-4 is probably because you are running a MBC (are you?).

Ive not long had my t5, its running about 13-15psi, induction kit, mbc etc, im getting to much wheelspin in 1st and 2nd gear and a little in third, how can istop it stop most of it, thanks
yep

feeney709
Monday 8th June 2009, 17:06
Make sure the codes have been cleared and the light stays off otherwise the problem will still be there. You may just need to reseat the knock sensor and torque it up properly. The 4-1-4 is probably because you are running a MBC (are you?).

hi, codes been cleared and lights are off, i havnt got a mbc, so far car is running mint,