PDA

View Full Version : yet another boost problem

callyuk
Saturday 6th June 2009, 22:01
Bit of a strange one that is concering me.
when full throttle is appiled im achiving boost spikes of 1.3bar i have an mbc fitted that is set to 1 bar and it holds this nicely after the spike but im also running as far as i know a standard ecu but im not hitting the fuel cut which is the bit that worries me has anyone got any ideas

WOODY T5
Saturday 6th June 2009, 22:39
got one on my 850 t5 its running at 16psi with no probs?

callyuk
Saturday 6th June 2009, 22:42
ok but 16 psi is about 1.1 bar not 1.3
1.3 bar is roughly 18-19 psi and should have easily brought the fuel cut in.
have been advised it might be down to the actuator being to tight

WOODY T5
Saturday 6th June 2009, 23:04
think i give my mbc a bit of a turn will let u no 2moz

BigV
Monday 8th June 2009, 06:00
Your boost gauge could be reading on the high side?

I could never get more than 14psi out of my 850s before hitting the fuel cut feature..... and sometimes I would get it cut in at part throttle on cold mornings etc, which made it very unnerving to give it a thrashing on cold days!

Or possibly someone had tinkered with the ECU before you bought the car? I hear superchips adjust the ECU but then use a bleed/MBC to raise the boost, maybe someone had that done but then removed the MBC before sale?

p fandango
Monday 8th June 2009, 07:38
Your boost gauge could be reading on the high side?
i've got a pic of my factory boost gauge off the clock using a MBC (its on my other computer tho)

I could never get more than 14psi out of my 850s before hitting the fuel cut feature..... and sometimes I would get it cut in at part throttle on cold mornings etc, which made it very unnerving to give it a thrashing on cold days!
14-15psi is the normal boost cut, but as i've said above i could run above it as well

Or possibly someone had tinkered with the ECU before you bought the car? I hear superchips adjust the ECU but then use a bleed/MBC to raise the boost, maybe someone had that done but then removed the MBC before sale?
your right about the Superchips, altho i believe they've revised it & its a proper remap now not just boost-cut remover (i could be wrong). I'm only the second owner of BT & got all the receipts for her, she was totally standard when i got her

p fandango
Monday 8th June 2009, 07:47
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/580/interior5.jpg
i don't recommend anyone wind the boost up as much as that, for some reason my car is a freak of nature & should of blown up ages ago lol

callyuk
Monday 8th June 2009, 09:11
think mine could be going down the same road as bt at this rate yet another freak lol

JelT5
Monday 8th June 2009, 10:13
ok but 16 psi is about 1.1 bar not 1.3
1.3 bar is roughly 18-19 psi and should have easily brought the fuel cut in.
have been advised it might be down to the actuator being to tight

I was getting that kinda spike on my V70 and no fuel cut (assuming it's still a feature on V70s). Just the CE light coming on and 14 sec 1/4s lol

This has inspired me to refit my mbc and run it alongside the HLM304. Works fine, no CE light and a stupid amount of tyre shredding grunt. Happy daze.

p fandango
Monday 8th June 2009, 16:00
think mine could be going down the same road as bt at this rate yet another freak lol
sounds good to me, when we doing the other mods then? lol (& ice creams on you this time :haha:)

callyuk
Monday 8th June 2009, 16:56
errrm dont think my heart would be able to cope with the other mods

p fandango
Monday 8th June 2009, 17:00
errrm dont think my heart would be able to cope with the other mods
lol yah spoil sport

callyuk
Monday 8th June 2009, 17:05
i will still buy you an ice cream just to keep the angle grinder away

p fandango
Monday 8th June 2009, 17:08
i will still buy you an ice cream just to keep the angle grinder away
lol i've progressed onto the recirc saw now, still got to get some discs for the grinder :sinner:

callyuk
Monday 8th June 2009, 17:13
lol now im scared