PDA

View Full Version : Reduced Power

Anaheimduck
Thursday 26th May 2005, 00:04
Hi to all
Reporting back regarding earlier post on reduced power error code.It turns out to be caused by Yes you guessed it Throttle Body this little electronic gissmo that tells the Ecu that you want to move forward or backwards clever or what.Yeah right until it doesn't want to.Well the one that is fitted to my motor is made by Magnet Marrinellie or something like that and The Volvo dealer tells me he has fitted a new one by the same manufacturer because that is what they supply.Apparently these are failing all the time on cars of 1999 to 2002 but he assures me that he has not had any problems with the these newer ETMs I hope this is the case I thought i would mention this in case anybody else has this same error message on cars of those years to know what to expect.Oh yes Volvo say its not a call back from there point of view although in the States consumers are kicking up a fuss.The cost of this was £650.00 I could have bought two PCs for that.

Justin
Thursday 26th May 2005, 08:30
3 PC's if you had come to me :)

Andrew
Thursday 26th May 2005, 09:34

Justin slightly OT but can you email me the URL for your business ?

Goof
Thursday 26th May 2005, 09:59
With free extra cables - lol ;)

Vegas531
Monday 30th May 2005, 19:18
You've been had. I had my throttle body replaced in March this year and it only cost me 500 quid at my local Volvo main dealer.