PDA

View Full Version : whats a nice 855 t5r worth...

biggbn
Saturday 6th June 2009, 10:56
..one for sale near me, sounds like a nice one...what kinda money do these make now..guys asking 3k ono for it, 160k miles, immaculate paint and interior, but its an auto??..

walter leever
Saturday 6th June 2009, 11:46
If it's a good 1,it should be worth it.:B_thumb:

biggbn
Saturday 6th June 2009, 11:57
its been owned for 4 years and prev owner was a mechanical engineer who treated the car to a full, high quality respray...so no fading here..oh and its the yellow one..always wanted one...auto putting me off a wee bit...il take a gander anyway and see if there may be a bargainicous deal to be had... gbn

Mrsmopp
Saturday 6th June 2009, 12:25
3k is a tad steep - nearer 2.5 would be a little more realistic ;)

ANDYRACER
Saturday 6th June 2009, 12:27
3k for a yellow one is cheap.

If it was another colour then id agree with Mrs Mopp.

flyingbrick
Saturday 6th June 2009, 13:42
Dont let the auto box put you off. Go for it buddy........:wiggle:

Tomcat
Saturday 6th June 2009, 14:14
They're worth what ever your willing to pay, there are some reall sheds that are going for £1500, have a good look around first, don't buy the first one you see.

The Flying Banana
Saturday 6th June 2009, 14:53
its been owned for 4 years and prev owner was a mechanical engineer who treated the car to a full, high quality respray...so no fading here..oh and its the yellow one..always wanted one...auto putting me off a wee bit...il take a gander anyway and see if there may be a bargainicous deal to be had... gbn

Is it the one with the colour coded bumpers strips etc and jet balck rear lights? Seen that one kicking about Broughty Ferry

p fandango
Saturday 6th June 2009, 15:00
resprayed, high(ish) mileage, tinted out lights no way thats worth top money

AlanG
Saturday 6th June 2009, 15:29
Was looking on Pistonheads recently. Is it my imagination or are the values increasing? Scrappage scheme?

biggbn
Saturday 6th June 2009, 18:15
think the auto thing is gonna be a big put off....i may have a big auto next week anyhow, aint that so moppy haha.....probably have a wee look at 855 anyhow but unless its bog standard and mint, (and available much more cheaply..!!)it wont interest me...

cherry1809
Sunday 7th June 2009, 09:13
Was looking on Pistonheads recently. Is it my imagination or are the values increasing? Scrappage scheme?

LOL, there are a couple at work who now seem to think they're old car is worth £2k.
I tried explaining the scheme is a waste of time but they won't listen.
You could save yourself more money by just buying one a year old and selling your old car private. The leccy bought a brand new BMW 320D for £27k, me and a mate found one a year old with less than 5000 miles on the clock for £12k....both had pleasure in telling him he was a mug.

Back on topic, don't be put off by the auto box. I used to be an auto hater but since buying mine I can't fault it. Works very well with this engine.