PDA

View Full Version : Weird rattle

MobyUK
Thursday 4th June 2009, 15:42
Hi folks. I have an annoying rattle at the back right corner, '97 V70 T5. Ok on a perfectly smooth road. Don't think it's the tailgate. Weird thing is, if you have the drivers window open it goes away. Any ideas?

Moby.

AlanG
Thursday 4th June 2009, 16:24
Had the same thing on my last 850. Turned out to be a broken rear brake pad retaining clip causing the pads to move. Obviously it disappeared when applying the brake,just a thought.

MobyUK
Thursday 4th June 2009, 16:29
Unfortunately not. Rear discs and pads have just been changed and it doesn't go away when braking. Thanks for the thought anyway Alan.

t5 pete
Thursday 4th June 2009, 16:35
it could be the runners for the windows that have come loose

AlanG
Thursday 4th June 2009, 16:40
it could be the runners for the windows that have come loose

Ahhh! Another fault the last one had was the rear guide on the front o/s e/window sheared at the mounting to the door. Only rattled when closing the door though. Sorted it with a cable tie.

MobyUK
Thursday 4th June 2009, 22:36
Thanks for the replies but I think I didn't describe it properly. The noise is coming from the very back right corner of the car, below the boot floor I think. I have checked things like the spare wheel etc.

Just a sudden thought. The fact that it goes when the drivers window is open...is there a vent or something at the very back, maybe in the right rear wheelarch, to allow airflow through the car?