PDA

View Full Version : Rica 310

Enigma666
Sunday 31st May 2009, 18:21
Fitted a RICA 310 over the weekend to my C70 T5 (wow :D)

Only thing is I now seem to get a slightly.....jolty acceleration like spinning the wheels (which I am not)...happens in all gears...anyone any ideas?

Cheers :)

t5 pete
Sunday 31st May 2009, 18:29
It could be a problem with the boost being unstable i had this problem and put a different boost controller on which sorted the problem

Enigma666
Sunday 31st May 2009, 19:11
Thanks Pete....would have thought this would happen with the standard ECU levels but guess not :(

Luckily I got another BCS from Nads :)
Just gotta find the damn thing now lol

Mrsmopp
Sunday 31st May 2009, 19:23
Welcome to the world of remaps :D!!!

I always found when first mapped it took a few miles for the ECU to adapt to the new parameters ;)

Al115
Sunday 31st May 2009, 19:31
It's not one of those expensive "revs are rising but I'm not going any faster" syndromes is it?? :)

Enigma666
Sunday 31st May 2009, 19:35
It's not one of those expensive "revs are rising but I'm not going any faster" syndromes is it?? :)

lol nah....definitely goes better in all gears :P so not a syndrome...unless I am just looking for reasons to fit a Garrett lol

Welcome to the world of remaps !!!

I always found when first mapped it took a few miles for the ECU to adapt to the new parameters

Ta very much :D must say a re-mapped T5 is a lot more impressive than my T4 :D

Enigma666
Monday 1st June 2009, 15:32
Still doing the damn judder.....based on what Moppy said is it worth d/c the battery for a while then letting it go again and see if that helps?

t5 pete
Monday 1st June 2009, 23:45
Still doing the damn judder.....based on what Moppy said is it worth d/c the battery for a while then letting it go again and see if that helps?

I would say anything like that is worth a try i hope you get it all sorted also have you read the codes and if so does it throw any

Mrsmopp
Monday 1st June 2009, 23:49
A remap often shows up a weak BCS (been there done that) so if you still have the problem after a couple of days driving that would be my next port of call.

MrMopp
Monday 1st June 2009, 23:53
Are you sure that after the T4 youre not dropping off the gas because youre scared when it comes on boost ;) :D :saythat: :hidesbehi

LeeT5
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 00:47
A remap often shows up a weak BCS (been there done that) so if you still have the problem after a couple of days driving that would be my next port of call.

Interesting? Mine gets a BSR stage 2 remap on wednesday, so i will let you all know the outcome.....

Enigma666
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 09:13

Awesome to both you and Pete for suggesting that :D luckily I have a spare one (although the IPD is looking good about now).

I would say anything like that is worth a try i hope you get it all sorted also have you read the codes and if so does it throw any

No codes....no CEM....no nothing....just jittery boost...doesn't do it on the standard Ecu so must be the BCS...either way, time to get my tools out again lol

Are you sure that after the T4 youre not dropping off the gas because youre scared when it comes on boost

Where'd I put that damn trout to smack you upside the head with lol
Oooh here it is :D :troutslap
In all honesty though....damn does it fly compared to the T4....feels heavier (cause it is) but when she moves she reallllly moves :D love it to pieces :)

Interesting? Mine gets a BSR stage 2 remap on wednesday, so i will let you all know the outcome.....

That would be really useful thanks :D

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 09:21
In all honesty though....damn does it fly compared to the T4....feels heavier (cause it is) but when she moves she reallllly moves :D love it to pieces :)

I loved the wee T4 its the perfect car for bobbing about in with a little fun factor but the mapped T5 is where the real fun starts - I think everyone should have one of each lol!

850 t5 vs 600cc
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 10:02
I loved the wee T4 its the perfect car for bobbing about in with a little fun factor but the mapped T5 is where the real fun starts - I think everyone should have one of each lol!

I will i will just as soon as i get a job...not at the top of my list at the minute. ( well it is just don't tell the GF.)

Enigma666
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 16:26
Ok.........having thumbed through Vadis for what I am after.....can anyone tell me where the BCS is located....and......what the hell it looks like? I have a part from Nads which came of an S70 T5 of the same year....so it stands to reason I have one of these parts in there (and it looks like the thing I swapped in the T4).

However....there is a unit just off the airbox (under the damn MAF I swapped typically) and Vadis seems to point at this as the BCS....anyone shed some light for a T5 convert?
:D

Enigma666
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 16:44
Ignore me :( found out what part it is.....and low and behold it is the part I didn't get of Nads lol.....f'in typical :)

Anyone got a BCS they wanna part company with? :D

Ok....now extra confused....a look on ebay has the bcs looking like this?

http://i.ebayimg.com/06/!BRWr+1w!mk~$(KGrHgoH-DQEjlLlu3hQBJ9jB5d(g!~~_1.JPG

Is that correct or should it look like this?

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/huseinholland/cars%20cats%20houses/IMG_4681.jpg

t5 pete
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 21:33
Hi enigma it should look like the bottom pic its the one right at the bottom at the right hand side i have a brandnew one which i bought thinking it was the bcs but turned out to be a air leak it cost me £42 from rufe if you want it you can have it for £30 delivered its never been used so pm me if your intrested.
cheers pete

Enigma666
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 21:39
PM'd :D

t5 pete
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 22:01
Hi chris heres the pics
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/DSC00133.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/DSC00132.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/DSC00131.jpg

Enigma666
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 22:09
Awesome mate :D send the request :)

Enigma666
Tuesday 9th June 2009, 20:58
Well, fitted this and my jolt is still there :(

Anyone wanna enlighten me as to what is the issue?
Only happens if I actually floor the pedal, ease on the power and it is good (and fast) as gold....now getting very confused :(

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 9th June 2009, 21:12
Its not something silly like plugs is it?

Chad
Tuesday 9th June 2009, 21:14
mrsmopp can vouch for that map, if you got it from nads then that was the rica310 that was out moppys s70 t5

Enigma666
Tuesday 9th June 2009, 21:19
Awesome :D didn't think about the map itself being faulty, plugs were changed (apparently) now I am gonna have to check, bought some new ones anyways to have as spares so I'm gonna change them when I get them if they need it, other than that.....I am at a loss, no sign of boost leaks or anything...car is fine on standard map, so must be something that is caused by the extra stress of the map **scratches head**

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 9th June 2009, 21:22
Oh is that my old one?? I'm not helping you anymore then :grumpy: taking bits of my old baby :worried:

I had that map for about 2 years so I know its a good un, it would boost to about 1.2 to 1.3 bar but would show up as soon as the plugs got tired so that would definately be my next port of call.

Enigma666
Tuesday 9th June 2009, 21:27
Ty kindly, now let me go punch the mech who said he was gonna service her while I was at work :(

MARKY70RRR
Thursday 11th June 2009, 21:39
hope you get it sorted soon chris:)

Enigma666
Thursday 11th June 2009, 21:59
Well, an update on this one then....d/c the battery (why the heck not) and off I went...issue still there.....changed back to the standard ECU and problem STILL there!!!
Now I am at a loss....the problem is less noticeable with the standard ECU but still there....feels like a total misfire of some sort...no codes, no CEL, no nothing just p!$$ poor performance when on heavy throttle.....waiting for plugs from FB to try that, but if the damn thing is still a problem then I have to contemplate the future of my C70 :(

Mrsmopp
Thursday 11th June 2009, 22:05
Dont give up! It really does sound like the plugs. The reason I say that is because when I slung that ecu on my V70 it did exactly the same thing, swapped the ecu back and low and behold still present (although not nearly as stuttery) plug change and voila!

t5 pete
Thursday 11th June 2009, 22:07
Well, an update on this one then....d/c the battery (why the heck not) and off I went...issue still there.....changed back to the standard ECU and problem STILL there!!!
Now I am at a loss....the problem is less noticeable with the standard ECU but still there....feels like a total misfire of some sort...no codes, no CEL, no nothing just p!$$ poor performance when on heavy throttle.....waiting for plugs from FB to try that, but if the damn thing is still a problem then I have to contemplate the future of my C70 :(

Hi chris i know how you feel its a rite pain in the bum the next step for me would be a break down in the ignition system either plugs or leads.
With you putting the old ecu back in and still having the same problem but slighter it is obvious the rica had found a weakness in something and this is where the problem may lay.
Have you checked all vack lines?
New plugs/leads?
cheacked acuator?
cheacked intercooler pipes?

The problem sounds like myne was as when you hit the throttle and it doesnt need to be wot but 3/4 of the way it would stutter rather bad and other times just feel like a slight miss.

Enigma666
Thursday 11th June 2009, 22:31
Thanks for the confidence boost guys :) (and gals of course)

I'll change the plugs as soon as they arrive from FB (hoping they would have been here by now)...change them, then kick it in the proverbial nuts if it still doesn't work :(

t5 pete
Thursday 11th June 2009, 22:42
hope it goes well for you bud you coming on flash chat

timbo_1975
Friday 12th June 2009, 00:24
If it is quite an aggressive yet random splutter, then i would definately be going for plugs, plug gaps (close them up 1/10th mm) and try again, rotor arm, leads etc.

The extra boost is finding a weak spot in the HT system...

AlanG
Friday 12th June 2009, 00:47
Or trade up to a Citroen C1 and save £2000.

t5 pete
Friday 12th June 2009, 00:52
pmsl when we have a problem why dont we just go out and buy new cars and bum the goverment

Enigma666
Friday 12th June 2009, 00:53
Gee thanks for that, I'll....erm........**grabs petrol and lighter, heading for the luxurious alcantra interior**

Sorted :D