PDA

View Full Version : South Yorkshire meet

jdavis
Friday 29th May 2009, 16:18
Right guys, me and Pete (t5pete) have been chatting about arranging a meet for everyone in the local area to us, helps put some faces to names as well as looking at some nice motors.
probably the best place to do it is at the lakeside beefeater pub in Doncaster, it's just off of the M18.
Post code is DN4 5PJ

Link: Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=DN4+5PJ&sll=53.514236,-1.116142&sspn=0.027407,0.055275&ie=UTF8&ll=53.506758,-1.110907&spn=0.006853,0.021973&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A)
13th June at 7pm
John

t5 pete
Friday 29th May 2009, 18:31
That sounds good to me

SexyBoy
Saturday 30th May 2009, 16:37
whats wrong with this as a local meet ? least there will be something else to see and do - i dont fancy being stuck in a pub car park myself.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21428

jdavis
Saturday 30th May 2009, 17:44
whats wrong with this as a local meet ? least there will be something else to see and do - i dont fancy being stuck in a pub car park myself.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21428

nothing wrong with that, i work most sundays, and i'm working that one. so unless i can get holiday it's a no go for me. sounds like a good day though.

neevo
Saturday 30th May 2009, 18:10
We always seemed to have a meet in Donnie, it's about time we had one further north!

I am excluded from the meet anyway, I now drive a frontera :D

kevin lord
Saturday 30th May 2009, 18:47
hi neevo, all welcome if interested in volvos

jdavis
Saturday 30th May 2009, 22:45
We always seemed to have a meet in Donnie, it's about time we had one further north!

I am excluded from the meet anyway, I now drive a frontera :D

Doncaster is just a suggestion, maybe try different locations if it goes well.

Just because you drive a frontera doesn't mean you can't come. You still share an interest in Volvo's. i've been to ford meets in my Volvo.

SexyBoy
Sunday 31st May 2009, 11:09
makes me laught that neevo - if several south yorkshire owners can be bothered to TRY and organise something why should they hold it miles away on the off chance you or someone else might want to go, especially as like you say you dont even have a volvo now.

jdavis
Sunday 31st May 2009, 12:28
So who's interested then?

1. Jdavis

neevo
Sunday 31st May 2009, 13:05
makes me laught that neevo - if several south yorkshire owners can be bothered to TRY and organise something why should they hold it miles away on the off chance you or someone else might want to go, especially as like you say you dont even have a volvo now.Simple reason, make the meet nearer to the M62/M1 junction and the Manchester mob would find it easy to get there, much easier than taking the snake or other trans-penine road in the summer with all tourists adding to the traffic. That way there could be a bigger meet up

SexyBoy
Sunday 31st May 2009, 14:05
and then it wouldnt be a south yorkshire meet would it ? from what i have read there is a regular meet in west yorkshire/lancashire near halifax way anyway for volvo enthusiasts

t5 pete
Sunday 31st May 2009, 14:30
Well as usual were all bickering where the meet is gunna be and nothing happens.
Sexy boy could you try and get some more info on this volvo meet you have heard about in west yorkshire.
Ive just been to see kevin lord and he made a sugestion that we could do a trip to the seaside which is a good idea to me.
I know a place at kayton bay where theres a large enough field, if we all could meet there and take bbqs with a bit of tucker it would be a really good day out.
Also theres pleanty of room for the kiddies to play if you want to bring the family along.
And at the end of the day it would only cost around £50-£70 for most of us for petrol and tucker for a good day out.
what you all think

neevo
Sunday 31st May 2009, 15:40
Well as usual were all bickering where the meet is gunna be and nothing happens.
Sexy boy could you try and get some more info on this volvo meet you have heard about in west yorkshire.
Ive just been to see kevin lord and he made a sugestion that we could do a trip to the seaside which is a good idea to me.
I know a place at kayton bay where theres a large enough field, if we all could meet there and take bbqs with a bit of tucker it would be a really good day out.
Also theres pleanty of room for the kiddies to play if you want to bring the family along.
And at the end of the day it would only cost around £50-£70 for most of us for petrol and tucker for a good day out.
what you all thinkIt's a good idea for a day trip but I'd be hoping for foul weather! Not just because I like foul weather but going anywhere near Scargoro on a decent day would be a tourist traffic nightmare.

Sadly I am on the dole so there will be no big trips for me until I get another job, currently a 30m round trip would be a big trip :(

jdavis
Sunday 31st May 2009, 16:40
what you all think

you're right with the bickering. just thought it'd be a nice idea to put some faces to names etc...
seaside sounds like a good idea, but Kayton bay is ~2hr each way for us according to google.
do we still wanna do the meet in Doncaster then?

SexyBoy
Sunday 31st May 2009, 17:27
Pete i think your trying to run before you can walk - forget big meets, a local one is a start - im sure there is at least 100 members on here that are within 20 miles of Doncaster/Wakefield - not everyone is into social aspects of things - hence i hope that meet that RPM posted goes ahead as there are alternative things to see & do to pass the day along.

t5 pete
Sunday 31st May 2009, 18:26
you're right with the bickering. just thought it'd be a nice idea to put some faces to names etc...
seaside sounds like a good idea, but Kayton bay is ~2hr each way for us according to google.
do we still wanna do the meet in Doncaster then?

Yeah still up for the meet at doncaster and im sure kev lord will come best thing to do is set a permant date and time and just see who shows on the day.

jdavis
Sunday 31st May 2009, 19:03
Yeah still up for the meet at doncaster and im sure kev lord will come best thing to do is set a permant date and time and just see who shows on the day.

that sounds good to me, How does 19:00 ish sound?

Mrsmopp
Sunday 31st May 2009, 19:21
A little advice from someone who used to co-ordinate the meets many moons ago ;)

Pick a venue, pick a date at least 4 weeks away, set a time and post it up :) Too many question marks to start with make it almost impossible to co-ordinate.

t5 pete
Sunday 31st May 2009, 19:48
that sounds good to me, How does 19:00 ish sound?

Yep thats fine so all you need to do is edit your first post and set the date and time and then just see who turns up on the day

jdavis
Sunday 31st May 2009, 22:43
Thanks MrsMopp and Pete, reason there was so many question marks was to make sure it was ok. etc
edited first post now with date and time.

cameron
Sunday 31st May 2009, 22:51
Why not just arrange it fo the RWYB DAY @ York on the 4th july :confused:

Its already arranged and surely its not too far for you all ;)

Theres already a large list of people willing to go ( 20+ ) and 6 deposits already.

Ive done a good meet with 30+ attendees so id like to think that i know what im doing.

Its only 4 and a bit weeks away so not too long to wait and a decent day out as well.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19906

JUDGENINJA
Monday 1st June 2009, 20:59
I can't guarantee that I can 100% be there, but I'll add it to my Diary and I'll hopefully see you there.

Baj
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 15:46
Kinda on a follow on from Cams post, as SB has mentioned RPM has already suggested a good Yorks meet as a Volvo contingent for a Ford show.
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?p=232459#post232459

This would be a better place for a meet as we can get together and show the Ford guys what they are missing.

I dont have a problem with arranging meets but seems silly running them so close together.

jdavis
Thursday 11th June 2009, 23:17
right guys/gals, is this a go-er or not? i'm up for the ford meet at nostell either way

SexyBoy
Friday 12th June 2009, 15:53
yes im going

JUDGENINJA
Friday 12th June 2009, 22:41
yes im going

Going to which...?

I'll probably make a trip over to Doncaster...by the back roads.

If no one else turns up then I'll have a Shandy and enjoy the drive home...

t5 pete
Saturday 13th June 2009, 09:27
is this 2mrw if so im going

jdavis
Saturday 13th June 2009, 10:20
it's tonight Pete. I'll be there, probably around 7:30.

t5 pete
Saturday 13th June 2009, 10:22
yeah ill come who else is coming

jdavis
Saturday 13th June 2009, 21:41
thanks to those that came, was great to meet some new faces. Good night all in all.

t5 pete
Saturday 13th June 2009, 22:53
was good to meet you all sorry i had to shoot early but the mrs and daughter wanted some food.
Next time we meet ill stay the duration and they can stay a home lol

jdavis
Saturday 13th June 2009, 22:55
was good to meet you all sorry i had to shoot early but the mrs and daughter wanted some food.
Next time we meet ill stay the duration and they can stay a home lol

No problems dude, was great to meet ya, love the motor,
i think i'm quite lucky that the Mrs has an interest in cars too.

t5 pete
Saturday 13th June 2009, 23:14
No problems dude, was great to meet ya, love the motor,
i think i'm quite lucky that the Mrs has an interest in cars too.

I wish myne was i forgot to ask whats the user name of the bloke with the v70r

jdavis
Saturday 13th June 2009, 23:24
I wish myne was i forgot to ask whats the user name of the bloke with the v70r
I don't think he's a member on here. He's friend of leet5

t5 pete
Saturday 13th June 2009, 23:33
no worries then are you going to nostell

jdavis
Saturday 13th June 2009, 23:39
yeah should be going nostell, sounds like a good day. Rsoc still display good motors. Going to put holiday in for it tomorrow.

SexyBoy
Sunday 14th June 2009, 22:08
i meant i was going to nostell lol..im glad it went ok yesterday, how many turned up ?

jdavis
Sunday 14th June 2009, 22:20
there were about 5 cars, 10 people. Very good, friendly, night.