PDA

View Full Version : Help with OBDII

Rob_ioClean
Thursday 28th May 2009, 10:31
I want to connect my c70(me7) to my laptop, anyone recommend a cabel off eBay that will work?

Rob_ioClean
Thursday 28th May 2009, 23:14
Someone techy must be out there?!

logicaluk
Thursday 28th May 2009, 23:42
ive been looking in to this aswell & would like to here some other opinions, but ill gladly tell you what ive learnt so far wich aint a lot.

it all depends on what you want it for if its only fault diagnostics on the Volvo a PPC stand alone unit it the daddy but only does Volvo cost around £120 reads all the codes from allover the car.

an elm scan 5 dose multiple cars but will only read the engine diagnostics cost around £140 with software & runs on a pc

there are remapping units for the same cost but ive not looked at these yet

or you can have one that dose all the above but costs thousands of pounds.

well that a bout as much as i know about OBDII & it may not be correct i hope some one corrects me if im wrong.
Dan

Dangerous Dave
Friday 29th May 2009, 21:26
check out this one, says for 2001+ cars only, but works with some/most functions on mine which is a MY1996 (motronic 4.4 ecu and later which usually means V/S70 onwards) and theres other software available on the net to download

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_ELM327.html

I use Proscan software with it as I found that to be the one that performed better

Wombatbomb
Friday 29th May 2009, 22:10
The MTE softloader does diagnostics and data-logging on the ME7 cars, including the C70.

Rob_ioClean
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 19:31
Still looking to get one of these cables, would a USB one be ok?

Rob_ioClean
Wednesday 8th July 2009, 21:25
Anyone? I know some of you have done it.