PDA

View Full Version : 7th june chatsworth house rally day weekend

t5 pete
Wednesday 27th May 2009, 19:56
As the meet for the old post office has been cancelled due to not many people attending i thought a few of us would like to go to chatsworth.
So who's up for going to chatsworth house rally day on sunday.
cheers pete

MrMopp
Wednesday 27th May 2009, 19:57
Is chatsworth by Leicester ?

t5 pete
Wednesday 27th May 2009, 19:57
Is chatsworth by Leicester ?

erm i havent got a clue ill post a link up of where it is

t5 pete
Wednesday 27th May 2009, 19:59
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

MrMopp
Wednesday 27th May 2009, 19:59
erm i havent got a clue ill post a link up of where it is

PMSL may have been worth checking first lol ;)

t5 pete
Wednesday 27th May 2009, 20:01
Just had a look on google and its 35miles away for me its near bakewell if that helps so is that where you thought it was

MrMopp
Wednesday 27th May 2009, 20:05
Just had a look on google and its 35miles away for me its near bakewell if that helps so is that where you thought it was

Yeah bit too far for us so close to moving house , tooooo much to do , next time though :)

t5 pete
Wednesday 27th May 2009, 20:39
Yeah bit too far for us so close to moving house , tooooo much to do , next time though :)

No problem which area you moving to

MrMopp
Wednesday 27th May 2009, 21:32
No problem which area you moving to

Only about 10 minutes from where we are now .

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 28th May 2009, 22:30
add me to the list..

If there is a convoy from up north I'll join you at J31.

Pliskin
Friday 29th May 2009, 00:38
Yep, I am up for it.

Can I just add that if you are into locally produced beef etc, please dont miss out on the Chatsworth farm shop, which is about half a mile away from the house. The stuff they sell is absolutely top notch!

GaryH
Friday 29th May 2009, 23:33
Hiya guys,

I'll be at the Chatsworth Rally Show on Sunday 7th as well,if anyone would like to meet up for a natter during the day. We'll be in our '98 V70 AWD and will also have our rally car on display all weekend.

All the best,

GaryH

kevin lord
Saturday 30th May 2009, 08:28
hi, pete ref chatsworth entry fee,s adult sunday ticket £20.00 online or £24.00 on gate kid's free

kevin lord
Saturday 30th May 2009, 10:27
hi, t5 lover

t5 pete
Saturday 30th May 2009, 16:08
hi, pete ref chatsworth entry fee,s adult sunday ticket £20.00 online or £24.00 on gate kid's free

Bloody hell what we getting for £24.00 thats way steep for a show isnt it it only cost me £14 for ppc and that was with a padock pass.

SexyBoy
Saturday 30th May 2009, 16:34
Rally show is best show ive been too, people pay £20 for a football match, stop being so tight lol

t5 pete
Saturday 30th May 2009, 17:04
Rally show is best show ive been too, people pay £20 for a football match, stop being so tight lol

£20 for a football match lol i wouldnt pay 20p to watch a set of panseys run around for 90 mins and pretend to trip up lol
You coming to the show

kevin lord
Saturday 30th May 2009, 18:05
hi pete , kev it,s a lot of money £48 FOR TWO let,s go to athersley north sat night, its free just don,t stop or your wheels are gone

kevin lord
Saturday 30th May 2009, 18:18
you there dave

T5Dave
Saturday 30th May 2009, 18:24
Hi, I live nearby Chatsworth and I think you only pay that if you want to go in the house itself. There is a big car park there. To get in it you do have to pay but its only a couple of quid of so. You can access some of the grounds and the river bank and cafe/restaurant for free.

Dave

JUDGENINJA
Friday 5th June 2009, 13:45
So is anyone else going then??

1. Judgeninja
2. GaryH (with Rally car What is it? so we know what to look out for.)
3. Pliskin...????

GaryH
Saturday 6th June 2009, 00:55
So is anyone else going then??

1. Judgeninja
2. GaryH (with Rally car What is it? so we know what to look out for.)
3. Pliskin...????

It's a white MG Metro 6R4 with "C.HEWITT Electrical Contractor" on the side. We'll be parked up with the other Metros on the 6R4.net display in the Car Club area. The V70 will probably have to stay in the trailer/transporter holding area like last year.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Gary

Pliskin
Saturday 6th June 2009, 10:04
If I can get my other work weighed off in time, I'll be there.

GaryH
Friday 19th June 2009, 13:18
Hi there,

Sorry they are a bit late,but here are a few pics from our weekend at Chatsworth. It was horribly wet all weekend but the quality of the cars on show more than made up for it!

The V70 awd coped incredibly well with the grass car parks which quickly deteriorated into muddy quagmires! Most cars needed towing out by the Chatsworth tractors but Lord Volvo (as the kids call him!) simply dug in and hauled the trailer through the bog with no difficulty at all. Very,very impressive!

Best wishes to all,

Gary.

volvoturboman
Friday 19th June 2009, 18:02
Hi there,

Sorry they are a bit late,but here are a few pics from our weekend at Chatsworth. It was horribly wet all weekend but the quality of the cars on show more than made up for it!

The V70 awd coped incredibly well with the grass car parks which quickly deteriorated into muddy quagmires! Most cars needed towing out by the Chatsworth tractors but Lord Volvo (as the kids call him!) simply dug in and hauled the trailer through the bog with no difficulty at all. Very,very impressive!

Best wishes to all,

Gary.

Nice. Not the metro, the volvo lol. AWD's are good then I take it.

GaryH
Friday 19th June 2009, 20:14
Hi there,

Having only owned the V70 awd since March,this was the 1st time we've really needed the awd system to come to our rescue and it certainly didn't let us down. I didn't expect it to cope so well with the awful conditions - even the Subarus on the display next to us were getting stuck in the waterlogged field - but the Volvo never even spun it's wheels. I did set off quite gingerly to give it the best possible chance of escaping without the help of the tractor but it really impressed me with it's traction.

Of course,with hindsight I'd have read up on the weakneses of the V70 awd prior to buying one,and that might have saved me a lot of expense in the first few months (I destroyed the angle gear by driving with uneven tyre wear front to rear). And I doubt whether I can really justify the extra expense of awd when you consider how rarely I'll need total traction (hopefully!) but the car is beautiful to drive and is by far the best tow car I've had so far.

Long live Lord Volvo!

See ya,

Gary.

cameron
Wednesday 1st July 2009, 20:46
Did anybody else go?

Are there any more piccies ?

Loving the Metro Gary, is it a 6R4?

GaryH
Wednesday 1st July 2009, 22:53
Hiya,

I've got plenty more Chatsworth pics if you're interested? Unfortunately,I don't think any of them are Volvo-related...I tended to focus on the Group B rally stuff mainly. I'll gladly post some more up,but here are one or two for starters.

And yep,our 6R4 was on the 6R4.net display which was organised by my good friend Nicky Lindon. Due to the horrid weather,only 2 6R4s joined the display although a few other Mighty Metros were dotted around the show,including one ex-works example. For a Group B rallying nut like myself it was absolute Heaven on earth!

Take care,and best wishes as always!

Gary.

p fandango
Wednesday 1st July 2009, 22:58
i'll take the Audi please. I've got a "Race of Champions" video from 1989 (i think) & the 2 finalist go head-to-head in SWB Quattro's like that in the pic, both got bounced off the barrier & very badly mis-treated :(

cameron
Thursday 2nd July 2009, 10:07
Yep Audi for me as well please :D

Used to have a 2.2 Coupe, it was a brill car, it didnt have the 4wd Quattro system but it didnt need it.